Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Polestar is it worth it on a D5 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=299492)

cejsmith Oct 13th, 2019 17:13

Polestar is it worth it on a D5

I’m looking at a 17 plate XC60 d5 and the dealer said they may offer a deal on the polestar upgrade. Is it worth it?

Quacker Oct 13th, 2019 17:33

Are you on the correct model forum section?

It is a lot of money for not very much. However, it may be worth it for some people.

Tony Harrison Oct 13th, 2019 17:39

Judging by this Forum's comments over the years I would buy an extended warranty instead.

I'll get my coat.........

nu11eaf Oct 13th, 2019 17:42

Tell them you will only buy the car if it has polestar added foc and do a deal on extended warranty for after the normal used car warranty runs out. Its only a software update after all.

Tony Harrison Oct 13th, 2019 17:49

Sounds like Yorkshire calling... but this Lancastrian agrees (this time).

cejsmith Oct 13th, 2019 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker (Post 2562501)
Are you on the correct model forum section?

It is a lot of money for not very much. However, it may be worth it for some people.

I believe so, why do you think overwise?

AB-UK Oct 13th, 2019 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cejsmith (Post 2562497)
I’m looking at a 17 plate XC60 d5 and the dealer said they may offer a deal on the polestar upgrade. Is it worth it?

If the "deal" is £50 - go for it! :)

cejsmith Oct 13th, 2019 18:49

Whilst people’s thoughts are always useful, I would prefer to hear from people that actually have a car with a polestar map.

nu11eaf Oct 13th, 2019 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cejsmith (Post 2562532)
Whilst people’s thoughts are always useful, I would prefer to hear from people that actually have a car with a polestar map.

Be careful he may be trying to sell you something that may be at a price that Volvo puts on offer quite frequently anyway. So may not be a real saving when buying a car. The polestar upgrade is often offered at a discounted price as an after market add on.
I can't remember what the last offer price was but others on here should know, which will let you know if it is a genuine saving. Volvo also offer a trial with polestar, they install it for you to try it for a few weeks and if you are not happy they un-install it, I think there is a very small price for the trial if you don't buy it. Worth asking about this option with any deal you are offered. Then you can try it and decide if you think it it is worth it.

Rustyfrog Oct 13th, 2019 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cejsmith (Post 2562497)

It depends on what you are looking to get out of it.
For reasons of sharpening up gear changes, I am considering it, but will wait until I can get the latest software updates installed to see what difference that makes.
I believe I could perhaps save on the cost of the Polestar upgrade.