Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   C70 petrol wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=324736)

shahemail Apr 9th, 2022 19:34

C70 petrol wanted

Have just sold our lovely diesel C70 and want to replace with a petrol version (as we often drive into London and were getting hammered with the ULEZ charge).

Preferably automatic but not essential, decent mileage and condition. Open to consider anything available, if well looked after.

thanks

eagle58 Apr 10th, 2022 01:09

Anything on Auto-trader?

shahemail Apr 10th, 2022 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle58 (Post 2818236)
Anything on Auto-trader?

Nothing decent unfortunately. Only 9 cars, that are either pricey, high mileage or miles away (we are just north of London). They are definitely in short supply at the moment!

Bonefishblues Apr 10th, 2022 22:46

Your post is quite open-ended. Are there any must/must not haves?

shahemail Apr 11th, 2022 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonefishblues (Post 2818346)
Your post is quite open-ended. Are there any must/must not haves?

We are quite flexible, the only must is it needs to be petrol, not diesel, and in decent nick and not too high mileage (i.e. upto around 100k-ish). Our last one was in white with cream leather seats, which is the best colour combination I reckon!

FredGraham Apr 24th, 2022 14:50

Hi, there's a post just come up on face book by Sam Prishtina that might be of interest if you are still looking. It's in Cambridge, so not so far from you.
Fred

T5R92011 Apr 27th, 2022 18:12

Just a note to say that the petrol C70s (2.4i and T5) have horrific fuel consumption, especially at town speeds. You might want to see if you can borrow one for 24 hours and see what it's like, because it's BAD.

Bonefishblues Apr 27th, 2022 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by T5R92011 (Post 2821364)
Just a note to say that the petrol C70s (2.4i and T5) have horrific fuel consumption, especially at town speeds. You might want to see if you can borrow one for 24 hours and see what it's like, because it's BAD.

Not sure it's as good as BAD, it's cataclysmically awful, more like :teeth_smile:

T5Terry May 3rd, 2022 20:13

Just remember that fuel consumption is relative.

I purchased my T5 C70 in late December and it has averaged 27 MPG. Now I suppose the diesel fan boys will be foaming at the mouth because I'm more than happy with that but for me its more than acceptable.

My wife has always wanted a convertible but she loves her car too much to part with it so I replaced mine with the T5. My last car was a big Skoda Superb with an equally big V6 petrol engine. I did over 100,000 miles in that one and I enjoyed every mile so its fuel consumption mattered not. My Jag was far from economical but made me smile and that is what matters to me.

Perhaps most importantly is that the T5 puts a very big smile on my wife's face every time she drives it and especially when the top is down. Her car is quick so she was never going to tolerate driving something slow and even though the T5 cannot be described as fast or sporty it can get a shift on when you tell it to.

If you want a petrol engine in a C70 then go for it. I would recommend the T5 as its fuel consumption is no worse than the less powerful petrol engine and you will love that 5 pot engine. I know that we do.

Bonefishblues May 3rd, 2022 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by T5Terry (Post 2822477)
Just remember that fuel consumption is relative.

I purchased my T5 C70 in late December and it has averaged 27 MPG. Now I suppose the diesel fan boys will be foaming at the mouth because I'm more than happy with that but for me its more than acceptable.

My wife has always wanted a convertible but she loves her car too much to part with it so I replaced mine with the T5. My last car was a big Skoda Superb with an equally big V6 petrol engine. I did over 100,000 miles in that one and I enjoyed every mile so its fuel consumption mattered not. My Jag was far from economical but made me smile and that is what matters to me.

Perhaps most importantly is that the T5 puts a very big smile on my wife's face every time she drives it and especially when the top is down. Her car is quick so she was never going to tolerate driving something slow and even though the T5 cannot be described as fast or sporty it can get a shift on when you tell it to.

If you want a petrol engine in a C70 then go for it. I would recommend the T5 as its fuel consumption is no worse than the less powerful petrol engine and you will love that 5 pot engine. I know that we do.

I have one too, btw ;)