Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   1964 Volvo Amazon Estate For sale...offers... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=280465)

jimbolya Apr 10th, 2018 13:45

1964 Volvo Amazon Estate For sale...offers...

1 Attachment(s)
Hi folks,

Time has come for me to accept that I am a terrible volvo owner and have basically parked up a lovely car and am letting it rust away. I don't have the money to pour in to such a project, even though, if i did it would be staying with me as I love that car. taken to to Skye a few times, cornwall, wales, Lake District all over.

It's an early estate in quite good condition, but who knows whats lurking under the skin.

Its a restoration project pure and simple and needs to be viewed as such. Came off the road 2015.

B20d replacement engine, SS sports exhaust (classicswede), Stainless bumpers, but otherwise pretty standard, would suit sympathetic restoration to stock (although that's up to the buyer) as there aren't too many early estates around.

It started up til about 6 months ago when I 'believe' the solenoid on the starter went under duress. so hasn't been run in that time.

It has a broken drivers front suspension.

Will come with a heap of spares, inner wings, steel wing, spare suspension parts. bits, bobs and all sorts, basically, i'll be loading it up with everything I've got Amazon/Volvo, barring a badge from my spares for memories.

Happy to chat on the phone out of work hours 07825 885336, or email...
jamesellin@me.com

Located near Godalming, Surrey.

Looking for £3,000 but VERY open to offers. (let's haggle)

will update with fresh pics...

Faust Apr 10th, 2018 14:21

Tempting... very tempting.

My missus has wanted an estate for years. Starter motor issue aside, will the car run? (We're in Nottingham so a bit of a trek from you).

Edit: just read you add properly (I'm a fool sometimes). What's the suspension issue?

Mike

Triple-S Apr 10th, 2018 15:11

Jimbolya - private mail sent to the email address you supplied. Thanks

P

ExCee70 Apr 12th, 2018 20:17

Email sent.

swedishandgerman Apr 13th, 2018 18:29

Oh! I nearly bought that Amazon a good few years ago! It was of particular interest to me because it had spent most of its life near me here in Devon. I dropped out in the end because the seller wasn't being reasonable over price and it needed a good few things doing to it..

jimbolya Apr 14th, 2018 17:16

Hi All, thanks for the patience for reply.

I’ve uploaded some photos to this site...

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0WG6XBub6M1Tf

Hope that helps,

I have to say, the thought of selling her makes me very nostalgic and wanting to spend the money to get her done up, but that’s not this stage of life I’m afraid. Don’t have that kind of cash. Maybe someone here will.

Derek UK Apr 14th, 2018 20:28

I have a good set of earlier pictures when it was up for sale by the previous owner. While these current ones are a bit sad, it's nice to see that the front end has been reconverted back to the original grill and front panel.
Be kind to her and pump up that tyre and do a general spring clean. Yes it will make you more nostalgic but it will also present a bit better to anyone who comes along. Broken suspension looks to be a snapped off shock. An easy fix and maybe all that is needed for an MOT although one won't be legally required after the 1st May.

jimbolya Apr 23rd, 2019 12:11

CAR NOW SOLD

Many thanks for all the interest.

(Moderators, please delete contact information from post #1 and lock thread?)
(I don't seem to be able to edit my own posts - time limit?)

classicswede Apr 24th, 2019 00:11

You need to use the report post button to ask the mods

tdz840 May 14th, 2019 07:14

Broken shock

I have a spare NOS standard monroe shock that the buyer can have for free.
Might get him home.
Stress it’s just the one
Russ