Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   !PLEASE READ THIS IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!! harratts Volvo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=213827)

mick1275 Sep 13th, 2014 23:15

!PLEASE READ THIS IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!! harratts Volvo

Hi guys,
I need some serious support and options here,I've just bought from harratts Volvo selekt used cars a 2011 Volvo C30 T5 R Design i paid Nearly €12,000 it has 20,000 miles ,I opted in for the GEN3 glasscoat pain protection at £299 adoring the test drive 1 week ago I raised a fault with the front end knocking noise (link bar,suspension arm) etc they said the car will go into to there garage and have an 100 point safety check along with a MOT anyway I picked the car up yesterday and it's knocking it's asre off still ,the car is filthy looks like a 3yr old has washed it ,it stinks inside not valeted after confronting the higher senior managers at harratts regarding 'you havnt done my 300 quid glasscoat protection and you have not even done the 100point inspection test either cause of the following reasons I got home I held the passenger side wheel while a friend shuck the steering wheel only to be horrified that the bottom ball joint and the track rod end was That bad they looked like the we're to collapse ,after all this IT'S jUST BEEN MOT at the Volvo garage ,this car hasn't had a proper MOT nor inspection check cause it would have failed this is a serious problem I've been scammed from every corner and they have fail to comply with customers vehicle safety

What shall I do I want your options please quick before I go and kick off I'm fuming

GMcL Sep 13th, 2014 23:27

Reject it immediately through Volvo. You have x days and y miles to reject and let them find you an alternative.

Customer Services will palm you off with the dealer and the dealer will say "nowt rang wee'it".

Also speak with your local CAB and take written Volvo Selekt "promise" documents with you.

Unfortunately, sh*te palmed off as Volvo Selekt is becoming all too common now. I'll never buy Volvo Selekt again after one good and one "meh" car.
Why pay the premium ? May as well buy somewhere else and use the savings to bring the car up to the standard you accept.

mick1275 Sep 13th, 2014 23:42

It's coming next then when I go Tom even the young sales man (early 20's late teens) said its discussing what they've done to me so I said so you know that they deliberately try shafting me its illegal what you've done you've broken the VOSA regs ,they told me to bring it back on weds and they will glass coat it and repair the suspension .the car otherwise is very good it's the inspections and MOT that really worry me cause they havnt been done who else have they done this to

v40alex Sep 13th, 2014 23:45

A good place to air your grievances is social media like Twitter and Facebook, it seems to be all that big companies care about these days. #Volvo and post on their Facebook page.

GMcL Sep 13th, 2014 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by v40alex (Post 1738139)
A good place to air your grievances is social media like Twitter and Facebook, it seems to be all that big companies care about these days. #Volvo and post on their Facebook page.

Sadly that's true...Companies care about their facebook status. Customers can go f**k themselves unless they make the company look bad through social media.

Orca2 Sep 13th, 2014 23:59

Get an aa report on yhe condition of the steering before they get their hands on it mate, it will concentrate their minds when they know there is an impartial report on the unsafe nature of what they have supplied .

mick1275 Sep 14th, 2014 00:09

That's a very sensible idear get anther inspection report through AA before it goes bk in thanks mik

tickedon Sep 14th, 2014 00:20

I was going to suggest getting an AA or RAC report - ask the dealer to pay for it given you've lost all confidence, otherwise, suggest to split the cost.

It would be the only way I'd get peace of mind in a situation like yours!

GrahamBrown1 Sep 14th, 2014 08:31

I have herd now many bad things about harratts volvo. My s60 I purchased privately but it had service history from there. I was not impressed when I had the chance to service it my self with what I found. Not to far from you is Mill volvo knaresbrough. They are excellent!

john.wigley Sep 14th, 2014 09:05

I am critical when buying any car, even one costing £1 - £2 K. If I were ever in the position to buy a 3 year old car with only 20K miles for £12K I would expect and demand perfection (with due allowance for fair wear and tear, of course).

You should do no less. This car is clearly unfit for purpose and, were I in your position, I would, as advised by 'GMcL', reject it immediately and quote the 'supply of goods (implied terms) act' to the supplying dealer.

If they fail to address the issues that you have raised to your full satisfaction, then seek redress through the courts or via one of the consumer support organisations.

I trust that you reach a conclusion acceptable to you. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned customer service?

Kind regards, John.