Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   VOC Section Events (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   People & Area thread stickys (ADMIN) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=260858)

foz1261 Dec 15th, 2016 12:34

People & Area thread stickys (ADMIN)

How about admin make stickys for threads with regards to the members & which county they are located in.

I've noticed that there's not many meets arranged and without going directly into each thread and seeing who's from where & what they are driving etc I haven't got a clue who's from where and what car they've got, what mods they've got etc.. It's a great sense of local community

So how about doing something like...

Scotland Area Members
North East Members
Cumbria Members
North West Members
Yorkshire Members
Wales Members
Midlands Members
South East Members
South West Members
N. Ireland
R.O.I

All members from their perspective county can post in their own individual county, Within each county a sticky can be made by admin of who's who, what car they drive, a list of mods, what they can do with regards to helping out other local members etc & arrange the local meets within each area, and if they want they can invite the surrounding counties.

VOC Admin will need to approve area reps within each area to maintain each local area, clean up the threads, delete the old stuff etc etc.

I've seen it on a couple of other car owners clubs I've been a member off and it works very well.

Just a though

NI_Volvo_Nut Dec 15th, 2016 13:11

Be nice to have Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland on the list too

foz1261 Dec 15th, 2016 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut (Post 2209015)

How's that :star:

It's a great thing to have separate areas for each individual counties. It works very well rather than have the whole country inc R.O.I & N.I all posting in the one section

Admin just need to set it up & arrange the necessary privileges to the appointed area reps.

I know some areas are much bigger than others so those areas have 2 reps, or maybe even 3. One in the North, One in the South & one doing the middle of the county.. Like Yorkshire for example. It's massive

Ireland being the same..

NI_Volvo_Nut Dec 15th, 2016 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by foz1261 (Post 2209029)
How's that :star:

It's a great thing to have separate areas for each individual counties. It works very well rather than have the whole country inc R.O.I & N.I all posting in the one section

Admin just need to set it up & arrange the necessary privileges to the appointed area reps.

I know some areas are much bigger than others so those areas have 2 reps, or maybe even 3. One in the North, One in the South & one doing the middle of the county.. Like Yorkshire for example. It's massive

Ireland being the same..

That's wasn't a dig at your btw, I just meant in general, the drop down menu only has Ireland currently.

Bantambuddy Dec 15th, 2016 18:29

Seems a good idea to me

foz1261 Dec 16th, 2016 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut (Post 2209069)
That's wasn't a dig at your btw, I just meant in general, the drop down menu only has Ireland currently.

I know it wasn't mate. I just edited the opening thread.

I agree with you that Ireland in general should be split in the N.I & the R.O.I.

Other car clubs i've been a full member off have had the same and this works. Just hope admin can sort something out as it'll make the areas much better than what I currently see with it being all over the place.

JamesV70R Dec 16th, 2016 07:50

We sticky posts in the main "Events" section, if the local areas make a post about what they have coming up. Not many people use this section - as can be shown by the most recent threads being September, and Feb.

VOC Events all go in the calendar, as do regional area meets - if the Club are informed of them.

The Events area is due a complete overhaul in the next few months anyway, we are aware its not being used to its full potential currently.

James

NI_Volvo_Nut Dec 30th, 2016 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesV70R (Post 2209373)
We sticky posts in the main "Events" section, if the local areas make a post about what they have coming up. Not many people use this section - as can be shown by the most recent threads being September, and Feb.

VOC Events all go in the calendar, as do regional area meets - if the Club are informed of them.

The Events area is due a complete overhaul in the next few months anyway, we are aware its not being used to its full potential currently.

James

Is there an NI rep does anyone know?

StatusRed Feb 27th, 2017 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut (Post 2209015)

People always forget about us Irish ;)

domhart10 Mar 1st, 2017 09:47

I think this is a great idea really, then I could post events or things I feel I am attending to other volvoites in the related area. :thumbs_up: