Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   My 850 R finally decided its had enough - Car Sold (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=86529)

Flake Dec 28th, 2009 21:15

My 850 R finally decided its had enough - Car Sold

After chasing a problem with the head, my 850 R has finally warped its head. Already had the head done once and I doubt it'll skim again.

It has 190,000 miles on it, and in spite of spending thousands on it, hang a new heater matrix, new hoses, new radiator, new shocks and springs and everything on the front end, I just can't justify spending another 2 grand for a new head.

That said in an attempt to recoup some of my outlay I will be breaking it from around 4th Jan...

Obviously I'd rather it went to someone as a project, prepared to keep one of the few remaining manual 850 R's on the road, but likely my best chance of recouping my costs is to break it into small pieces. :broken_heart:

Any one interested in any pieces?

storming Dec 28th, 2009 21:27

Engine

Just get another engine for it?

strbryan Dec 28th, 2009 22:03

What colour is the interior?If black I will be interested in the seats and door cards

GRN Motors Dec 28th, 2009 22:04

i could take the whole car off your hands??

Flake Dec 29th, 2009 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by storming (Post 604108)
Just get another engine for it?

harder said than done mate, 850 r engines are hard to come by. :broken_heart:

Flake Dec 29th, 2009 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by strbryan (Post 604132)
What colour is the interior?If black I will be interested in the seats and door cards

It's a black model with black alcantra trim.

Heated seat doesn't necessarily work in the passenger side, beyond that the interior is in very good condition. all original interior.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRN Motors (Post 604133)
i could take the whole car off your hands??

I'd like to do that if the price was right as it'd save me some bother, why don't you come see it after the 4th January?

Flake Dec 29th, 2009 01:04

new abs ecu last year too...

storming Dec 29th, 2009 09:10

850r engine

I was let to be leave the engine were the same just a different gearbox, and bigger Turbo 16t?

strbryan Dec 29th, 2009 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flake (Post 604186)
harder said than done mate, 850 r engines are hard to come by. :broken_heart:

There is no difference in the engines mate.

Why don't you put a price up for the whole car just so people would be interested?

I'm still interested in the interior though.

Flake Dec 29th, 2009 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by strbryan (Post 604272)
There is no difference in the engines mate.

Why don't you put a price up for the whole car just so people would be interested?

I'm still interested in the interior though.

no difference in the engine to what mate? I certainly can't take a head off an 850 20v and put it on mine can I?? At least that's what I'm led to believe.

I'm trying to think of a price for the whole car, i've no idea where to start. lol.