Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Mudflaps (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=277231)

bobby2000 Jan 19th, 2018 10:18

Mudflaps

I'm looking to fit mud flaps to my XC60 but don't want to pay Volvo prices.
How long doe's it normally take for none branded accessories for new models start to appear?

ukden Jan 19th, 2018 10:53

1 Attachment(s)
I have fitted Halfords universal to the front of my XC60. £6 a pair.

Made from rubber, so moulds to the shape of the car. Used the existing screws on car to fix.

Schnorbitz Jan 19th, 2018 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby2000 (Post 2359373)
don't want to pay Volvo prices

You paid Volvo prices for the car!??

Don't scrimp now on naff looking third party accessories.

nu11eaf Jan 19th, 2018 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukden (Post 2359399)

Made from rubber, so moulds to the shape of the car. Used the existing screws on car to fix.

They look really good and at that price you are laughing all the way to the bank, they look as good as the £28 chinese ones I bought for my XC90.

cassell Jan 19th, 2018 11:58

If you scroll back through the posts in this section you will find one regarding mud flaps for new Volvo models which I started when I wanted a set for my V90.

An ebay seller from China soon starts to produce mud flaps after model launch, here is an example for XC90: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Set-S...cAAOSwcUBYSb-4

I waited until he made ones for V90/S90 available, ordered a set which were delivered within two weeks, are a perfect copy and perfect fit, they even have the Volvo part numbers and logo embossed into them. Genuine ones would have cost around £150 for a set of four, mine were £44 from this seller!

If you are prepared to wait a while for them to become available for your new XC60 you will save yourself around £100.

bobby2000 Jan 19th, 2018 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz (Post 2359410)
You paid Volvo prices for the car!??

Don't scrimp now on naff looking third party accessories.

Very true.

bobby2000 Jan 19th, 2018 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassell (Post 2359427)
If you scroll back through the posts in this section you will find one regarding mud flaps for new Volvo models which I started when I wanted a set for my V90.

An ebay seller from China soon starts to produce mud flaps after model launch, here is an example for XC90: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Set-S...cAAOSwcUBYSb-4

I waited until he made ones for V90/S90 available, ordered a set which were delivered within two weeks, are a perfect copy and perfect fit, they even have the Volvo part numbers and logo embossed into them. Genuine ones would have cost around £150 for a set of four, mine were £44 from this seller!

If you are prepared to wait a while for them to become available for your new XC60 you will save yourself around £100.

I've been looking on ebay, have found some genuine Volvo ones cheaper than list, but still work out at about £100 for 4. I think that's a lot for four bits of shaped rubber.
Will wait for the Chinese version I think.

bobby2000 Jan 19th, 2018 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukden (Post 2359399)

They look like they may do a better job than the original Volvo version.

Bernard F Jan 19th, 2018 14:25

I had mine fitted by the dealer in the first week. They quoted £100 but the bill was £90. Fitted whilst I waited, comfy lounge waiting room. Constant coffee and biscuits, daily papers and mags, that’s what living is all about when you are retired. And they do a good job of shielding the car but not the inside rear door problem if that’s why you want them Bobby. Leet us know which way you decide to go.
Correction my wife reminded me the mud flaps were £160, the rubber floor mats were £90. Sorry.

bobby2000 Jan 19th, 2018 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard F (Post 2359483)
I had mine fitted by the dealer in the first week. They quoted £100 but the bill was £90. Fitted whilst I waited, comfy lounge waiting room. Constant coffee and biscuits, daily papers and mags, that’s what living is all about when you are retired. And they do a good job of shielding the car but not the inside rear door problem if that’s why you want them Bobby. Leet us know which way you decide to go.
Correction my wife reminded me the mud flaps were £160, the rubber floor mats were £90. Sorry.

Hi Bernard
I realise that it won't stop the dirty inside door problem, but hopefully they will help to keep the rest of the car cleaner. But I really would begrudge paying £160 for mudflaps, so I will just have to wait until I'm able to buy some Chinese copy one's.
I have had the rubber floor mats from new though, these are excellent and well worth the money in my opinion.