Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Original 1960's Volvo service manual (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270039)

Lilhosk Jul 7th, 2017 21:00

Original 1960's Volvo service manual

1 Attachment(s)
Are these ten a penny or rare as hens teeth?

I have one which is in pretty good condition considering it's age, and wondered
1) whether these are sought after - so would someone get more joy out if owning it than me
And
2) how much they are worth, roughly? I can't seem to find any information on line.

Thanks!

ANDREWNT Jul 7th, 2017 22:33

Hi

Depends if all parts are there and which car it is for , some parts cover both Amazon and P1800/s/e. I bought a full manual for an Amazon for about £20 about four years ago in its original binder and printed out the sections I didn't have covering electrics, etc for my 1800S, also thought it might come in handy as I have always liked 123gt's.

All the info is readily available online for free and via a cdrom which you can buy on ebay.

Having said that I have seen some for sale on ebay for up to £80/90 in the original Volvo binders and I have seen some people selling the original individual chapters/parts for up to £15 each. Don't know if they are successful with their sales mind
Some bits are rarer than others depending on the cars they cover.
Suppose it just depends on how much someone wants an original workshop manual to go with their car.

Lilhosk Jul 8th, 2017 08:40

Thanks for your reply.

It's in the original binder and all the parts are there. I think it's for the 121, I'll double check.

omc 47 Jul 8th, 2017 09:45

Hi Lilhosk,

If the manual is original I would be interested in buying for reference as I own an Amazon and my original manual I lent to a chap who then eventually passed away and I never had returned.......hey ho.

kind regards

Andy

Derek UK Jul 8th, 2017 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilhosk (Post 2294712)
Thanks for your reply.

It's in the original binder and all the parts are there. I think it's for the 121, I'll double check.

Best to list all of the books by number what they cover. Also state the publishing date (back cover in a small box). Last one probably Pt13-Specifications.
Condition does look quite poor and to me that would affect the value and what I would pay for it. Don't need it though as I have most, if not all, of the Green Books.
These were generally dealer supplied and made up to suit your model. Some individual books cover more than one model.

classicswede Jul 9th, 2017 10:46

They used to be worth a lot until all the information was published online. They are still worth something but most important are nice to have.

omc 47 Jul 9th, 2017 11:03

Lilhosk I've PM'd you........... Sunday 10:55 am.

many thanks

Andy

eastendvolvo2010 Jul 9th, 2017 18:54

Not seen one of these in a long time
Glad to see they are still around

omc 47 Jul 15th, 2017 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilhosk (Post 2294712)
Thanks for your reply.

Hi Lihosk, I notice you have been on line today but I've had no reply from my PM the other day or this thread which indicates I'm interested in purchasing your 120 Workshop Manual, what price are you asking please??

Kind regards Andy

omc 47 Jul 18th, 2017 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilhosk (Post 2294593)
Are these ten a penny or rare as hens teeth?

I have one which is in pretty good condition considering it's age, and wondered
1) whether these are sought after - so would someone get more joy out if owning it than me
And
2) how much they are worth, roughly? I can't seem to find any information on line.

Thanks!

Hi Lilhosk.......or anybody else who reads this,

I've shown interest in this Manual and yes I "would get more joy out of owning it" IF ONLY Lilhosk would be so good as to reply to my PM or even acknowledge that I'm interested and send me a reply even if it's "go suck a zube"!!
What is so frustrating is when someone advertises an item then never responds even though they are on line several times since the ad was replied to.
I would willingly have given good money for the manual as it would be a great help and useful addition to my workshop shelves...........perhaps I'll wait until a decent chap understands I'm not a time waster and actually wants to part with some cash ......rant over.