Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Any meetings happening in Scotland (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=268795)

blackbird1386 Jun 8th, 2017 13:18

Any meetings happening in Scotland

Any meetings

Dibble Jun 8th, 2017 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbird1386 (Post 2283594)
Any meetings

Apparently the next meeting will be on Sunday, 20th August at Falkirk Wheel. No June/July meetings due to National and Northern Rallies. If you go to Falkirk Wheel make sure you use the Lime Road, Tamfourhill, Falkirk FK1 4RS entrance.

Turbodave Jun 14th, 2017 12:10

Quite a way off yet but would like to try and get along for this... not done a Volvo meet aside for one at the bridges a few years back.

javaman Jul 29th, 2017 16:48

After a bit of a false start afew years ago about buying an amazon, my wife is going to let me get one.
Since I stay only a few minutes from the wheel, I was going to pop up if there were any amazons going to be there.
Hopefully the owners would let me have a look round their cars and point out what I should look for.
Any way hope to get there.
Garry

Dibble Jul 29th, 2017 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by javaman (Post 2303114)
After a bit of a false start afew years ago about buying an amazon, my wife is going to let me get one.
Since I stay only a few minutes from the wheel, I was going to pop up if there were any amazons going to be there.
Hopefully the owners would let me have a look round their cars and point out what I should look for.
Any way hope to get there.
Garry

Garry, the Falkirk Wheel is always an interesting meet and I would normally be there with my Amazon. However, this is also the date of a Vintage Vehicle Rally to be held at Brucefield, Ladybank in Fife. 40 miles up the road from you. I will be attending that rally with my Amazon. There might also be another two there. Come up and have a look and we can have a chat. If you send me your email address I can send you a few pictures of mine. Tell your wife I say you have good taste!

javaman Jul 30th, 2017 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dibble (Post 2303210)
Garry, the Falkirk Wheel is always an interesting meet and I would normally be there with my Amazon. However, this is also the date of a Vintage Vehicle Rally to be held at Brucefield, Ladybank in Fife. 40 miles up the road from you. I will be attending that rally with my Amazon. There might also be another two there. Come up and have a look and we can have a chat. If you send me your email address I can send you a few pictures of mine. Tell your wife I say you have good taste!

Love the wheel. Fantastic work of engineering.
My wife knows I have good taste .I married her after all.

Will try and make it to ladybank. I am on nightshift that weekend so depends how much sleep I get.
Cant send pm . Not enough posts.

Turbodave Aug 10th, 2017 11:09

Morning,

Can anybody confirm if there is a meet planned for the 20th? Having issues finding any details for this so unsure on times and such like!

Thanks!

IC Aug 10th, 2017 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbodave (Post 2307029)
Morning,

Can anybody confirm if there is a meet planned for the 20th? Having issues finding any details for this so unsure on times and such like!

Thanks!

Hi, yes, the meeting is on. I'll have a quick look in the Driver magazine later on and post the time and post code for you of someone doesn't beat me to it!

IC Aug 10th, 2017 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC (Post 2307040)
Hi, yes, the meeting is on. I'll have a quick look in the Driver magazine later on and post the time and post code for you of someone doesn't beat me to it!

Sunday 20th
Falkirk Wheel
Lime Road Car Park
Tamfourhill
Falkirk
FK14RS
1pm

Turbodave Aug 10th, 2017 15:42

Excellent, many thanks... I'm not part of any owners club so unsure what the protocol is there but happy to join but equally, happy to pop along and park elsewhere and just have a bit of a look round the cars.

:thumbs_up: