Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Car running rough after injector change(D2) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=269397)

stevien1 Jun 23rd, 2017 17:15

Car running rough after injector change(D2)

Got the "dreaded anti skid service required" fault last week on the car so had to get it towed to the main dealer. Called me saying issue was injector 2 so gave them the go ahead to change at a heavy cost. Got the car back on Wednesday with faults all cleared but the car sounds like a tractor and at low revs is very jumpy till you pass 2k rpm. The drive is terrible. I have contacted the main dealer and car is going back in on Monday but did anyone have this issue before. They said they test drove the car but anyone would have noticed the car wasn't right so not holding out much hope of a fix. Getting sick of the car now after doing the dpf sensor only a month ago.

Cheers
Steve

Bloders2 Jun 23rd, 2017 19:13

i swapped an injector out and it was awful. could not be bothered faffing so fitted a set of 4 from euro car parts (reconditioned ones) car been fine since.

Clan Jun 23rd, 2017 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevien1 (Post 2289321)
Got the "dreaded anti skid service required" fault last week on the car so had to get it towed to the main dealer. Called me saying issue was injector 2 so gave them the go ahead to change at a heavy cost. Got the car back on Wednesday with faults all cleared but the car sounds like a tractor and at low revs is very jumpy till you pass 2k rpm. The drive is terrible. I have contacted the main dealer and car is going back in on Monday but did anyone have this issue before. They said they test drove the car but anyone would have noticed the car wasn't right so not holding out much hope of a fix. Getting sick of the car now after doing the dpf sensor only a month ago.

Cheers
Steve

A new injector needs the latest ECM software and the Injector adaption road test which they should have carried out ...

chiptivo Jun 23rd, 2017 20:12

How the feck did the garage conclude that a "anti skid service required" was a fault with injector 2??

Impossible!

Dancake Jun 24th, 2017 02:17

On some vehicles the traction control systems are controlled by regulating fuel injection on specific cylinders. A faulty injector would mean that traction control could not be managed as efficiently. This would be a possible explanation. That said, the fuel regulation control method is normally coupled with the braking system, with rapid on/off braking being applied specifically to the spinning/affected wheels. I would be interested to hear how the garage conclusively diagnosed the fault though.

Bloders2 Jun 24th, 2017 06:54

someone else had an anti skid issue and it turned out it was injector related quite recently - i was surprised at the time.
Im still not convinced the injectors need coding!
I fitted a full set, started the car and that was all - no coding or anything else.

stevien1 Jun 24th, 2017 07:43

Did the research and looks like that is the fault that appears when an injector goes. Checked the list of works on the receipt last night and it states a test drive was carried out to check the car and they were happy with it. When im back on Monday im going to suggest they drive another D2 engine car to compare the difference because its shocking. So much for main dealer expertise.

blacklab Jun 24th, 2017 19:22

I reckon Volvo should change the ! in the red warning triangle to a £. The expense never seems to end on my v50 at least!
Had the anti skid message twice now but was abs module related. How much are the injectors on these out of interest?

Clan Jun 24th, 2017 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacklab (Post 2289703)
I reckon Volvo should change the ! in the red warning triangle to a £. The expense never seems to end on my v50 at least!
Had the anti skid message twice now but was abs module related. How much are the injectors on these out of interest?

about £250 i think ...

stevien1 Jun 24th, 2017 21:44

For labour and part was €627 all in 🙁 I'm just worried it has 4 injectors. Seriously thinking about selling it on but I like the car just not the hassle and cost