Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC90 T8 - VOC app not showing route journeys (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316425)

soupytwister Apr 29th, 2021 11:20

XC90 T8 - VOC app not showing route journeys

I've seen posts on here before where T8 owners said that journeys recorded in the VOC phone app showed the exact route details - whereas the petrol and diesel variants didn't.

I have a T8 and I don't see the route details - I only see the start and end points as I did when I had a D5.

Do any T8 owners still see the routes marked out, or do you just see the A/B points as well now? App maybe removed this functionality?

Polestar Pete Apr 29th, 2021 11:29

I have only ever seen the start/end points. I've never seen anything that tracks my route. Then again, I've only had this car a couple of months.

Cull06 Apr 29th, 2021 11:31

I’ve had voc since late 2019 and have never seen the route on there. Only start and end.

Director76 Apr 29th, 2021 11:32

I used to have it, then it came and went for a bit on my last T8, mostly not being there. Not seen it at all on new T8 since it arrived 01.02.21.

I emailed volvo last week via the app feedback link, they gave me some BS about there being some known issues with the app and a update was planned.

I also messaged them last year when the problems started and got the same sort of twaddle back.

It was a useful (okay, interesting) feature and I’d like them to bring it back. The more people that moan the better chance they’ll look into it?? (Optimistic, perhaps!)

D76

Polestar Pete Apr 29th, 2021 11:42

It would be a pretty cool thing, but not essential for me. I mainly use the trips to see how much electric I'm using.

ISW001 Apr 29th, 2021 13:12

VOC APP Missing Route

Hi all
Had my T8 since 2017 and it used to appear then disappear on a regular basis
it worked up until end January 2021 then it was updated and has not worked since only now showing point A & B
i have contacted them but was told to take it to the dealer to sort??
When it has happened before the dealer told me to contact VOC APP directly and when i did it started working again a few days later
As usual it falls on the customer to try and sort it out http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/images...es/shocked.png

Chudy85 Apr 29th, 2021 20:28

On my VOC there is when you start journey and GPS point of start and end point. Duration, distance, fuel consumption, odometer.
There is no exact route it will be nice to have but isnt essential :)

Wizzpop Apr 29th, 2021 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chudy85 (Post 2732900)
On my VOC there is when you start journey and GPS point of start and end point. Duration, distance, fuel consumption, odometer.
There is no exact route it will be nice to have but isnt essential :)

I think the exact route was only available on T8s. Not sure why.

Chudy85 Apr 30th, 2021 14:14

Maybe T8 has been fitted with proper tracking device that rest of Volvos don't get. In my V90 only Start and stop point visible but it is enough for me :D

sandsj Apr 30th, 2021 15:38

We have two V60 hybrids ('18 D5 & '20 T8). Both registered on the same VOC app. The D5 (bought Dec 20) showed the full route and the T8 (Bought Feb 21) never did, just A and B. I contacted VOC support about the T8 and they replied:

"It's a known issue with the driving journal within the Volvo OnCall app specifically affected by hybrid vehicles, such as your T8"

and also

"There is no confirmed fix at this time, however we have been advised that improved software is planned for release at the end of quarter 1 2021."

However, as of 21st of April the D5 now only shows the A and B points too. Progress......?

Update: I raised another query with customer care and they have responded to say that a software fix has been released to correct missing detailed trip data and I should visit my local Volvo retailer to have it uploaded.