Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   V70 d5 2004/2005 wanted. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=331794)

CinnamonFan Mar 30th, 2023 08:54

V70 d5 2004/2005 wanted.

Hi all, new member here.

I have been looking for a diesel 163bhp, V70 ideally 2004/5 with as much service history as possible. Heated seats. Not moon miles ideally with black interior either leather or cloth and a tow bar but not paramount.

I am based in Kent but happy to travel the south east. I am travelling up to Lincolnshire then Shipley over easter weekend so anything along that route considered.

Budget £3k max. Not expecting a concourse example or major bodywork damage.

SIAMBLUE Apr 1st, 2023 08:48

3 Attachment(s)
Not for sale yet but by August it will be put in for the ULEZ scrap scheme, but I will take all the good bits off and replace with basic items.

It’s a V70 D5 185 6sp manual facelift sept 2005 Ocean Race, it has a tow bar, cambelt done 12k ago car currently on 100k, think I am the 4th owner.
New rear nivomats and springs, complete handbrake overhaul inc cables, reverse sensors front and rear, very highly specced, It has a Motorola hands free kit with additional cables to plug into devices, tinted windows except front, 2 keys, Ocean race leather interior with the blue stitching and blue trim inside on the door centre console etc.
11 months mot, car has been mapped so I was told.

It’s not mint, but for a 17 yr old car it’s great condition, loads of spares with it, turbo, IC, rad starter motor, steering rack, full set of 5 doors in the ocean race colour.

CinnamonFan Apr 1st, 2023 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIAMBLUE (Post 2887761)
Many useful things

Hi,

Il need a car way sooner than August. Il keep scouring ebay and others to see if something good and local appears. Thanks

soupytwister Apr 1st, 2023 17:40

… …. ….

SIAMBLUE Apr 2nd, 2023 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnamonFan (Post 2887816)
Hi,

Il need a car way sooner than August. Il keep scouring ebay and others to see if something good and local appears. Thanks

It has to go by August that’s my cut off date, I know already have another car and the D5 is parked up.

Forgot to say, car has new OSF track rods inner outer and last week had new oil filter and oil change.

Choice of 5th full sized spare or space saver as well.

CinnamonFan Apr 3rd, 2023 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIAMBLUE (Post 2887961)
It has to go by August that’s my cut off date, I know already have another car and the D5 is parked up.

Forgot to say, car has new OSF track rods inner outer and last week had new oil filter and oil change.

Choice of 5th full sized spare or space saver as well.

Ah, I must have misunderstood you. Any info on the mapping? I generally dont like mapped cars without documentation of whats been altered.

How much are you looking to get for it?

I mostly want a comfortable, wafting automatic but maybe towing with a manual might be easier. Has it had a clutch change do you know?

SIAMBLUE Apr 4th, 2023 16:46

Hi I don’t know who mapped it I am afraid, the guy I bought it off only had it for a few months,
It’s on the original clutch it works perfectly but on start up it makes a little rattle for a few minutes, not sure if it DMF or the release bearing but clutch is fine and doesn’t slip.
But it 17 yrs old.
I have a few choices with it, I can spend a grand on it and get it perfect remove a dent get alloys refurbed have her professional detailed and put it up for £4K.
Or if you are serious and want it and I don’t really want it to go to any person to be scrapped to be honest you can have if for £2500, there is no haggles or knock downs. Don’t think you will get a car with that low mileage and high spec being manual especially an Ocean Race.

Btw that price won’t inc the spares.

If you are interested them pm me.

CinnamonFan Apr 7th, 2023 10:31

Hi,

I think your car is too nice for what I need.

I wanted a less shiny example as mine needs to be a do it all dont care about condition type thing. Carry a dog, logs, soil or tip type material.

Thanks ever so much for the info. Best of luck with it.