Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 Issues List (faults and user problems) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=149355)

detailer Jun 5th, 2013 20:31

Drivers seat now starting to split badly with holes appearing. Another known fault (its that funny dive suit material). Car done less than 30k and neither my wife or I are heavy.

bluesnappa Oct 17th, 2013 17:38

5 weeks old and sat nav failed on nav xc60. Not good enough at the price paid.

gezp Oct 18th, 2013 15:53

43k Miles, 3yrs 5 months. Radiator leak, had to have a new one. If you experience occasional coolant loss ask for a pressure test.
Mine was fine for 3 months after topping up first time then did it again, by then out of warranty of course.
Volvo customer service and dealer exceptional, cost a bit but very pleased with outcome. Still think its a great car.

volvoXC60driver Nov 3rd, 2013 07:58

transmission issue

hi,
my first time using this service. i purchased a second hand 62 plate xc60 d4 r-design from a volvo dealer just over 2 months ago. from the day I picked up the vehicle there has been an issue with the transmission: when slowing down to a standstill and the revs drop to below 1000rpm, there is a distinct vibration (and noise) which is felt through the gear stick which can best be described as feeling like something is engaging or dis-engaging. it happens every time without fail. 2 weeks after having the vehicle i returned it to the dealer to check. their response states that there is an issue, but they could not clarify what it is and that I should drive it for a couple of weeks more to see if there was any change. last week i returned it to the dealer again for a further analysis as the fault had not improved/cured itself. their response this time was that they could not find any fault with the car or the transmission. this is very frustrating and disappointing. there is an obvious issue with the transmission which the dealer has completely dismissed presumably because the car is still under warranty. i have two questions to ask: firstly, i appreciate i've not been able to describe the fault in any detail but does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? secondly can anyone advise me on how i can get the dealer to acknowledge the fault. for example should i get an independent 3rd party (e.g. the aa or rac) to check the vehicle? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

volvorocks Nov 3rd, 2013 20:13

Hi VolvoXC60driver

Is your car manual or auto? I figure manual??

Regards

volvoXC60driver Nov 4th, 2013 07:21

transmission issue

Hello volvorocks,

thanks for the response. you're correct, the car is a manual. the issue ive described previously occurs no matter which gear is engaged (or neutral) when the car is coming to a standstill (obviously with the clutch down).
kind regards

volvorocks Nov 4th, 2013 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvoXC60driver (Post 1512313)
Hello volvorocks,

thanks for the response. you're correct, the car is a manual. the issue ive described previously occurs no matter which gear is engaged (or neutral) when the car is coming to a standstill (obviously with the clutch down).
kind regards

Hi volvoXC60driver

I am in no way up on technical issues, and maybe a guy called Clan or others may be able to offer better advice. Maybe you could start a standalone thread on the issue you are having? Sounds clutch/flywheel related. We had similar on s60, although it was more diificulty engaging than anything else, although there was unusual movement/stiffness of the gearstick as well. Fixed under warranty.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...2&postcount=16

With yours being a more or less new car yours should also be fixed under warranty. Bear in mind that within the first 6 months of a purchase any faults that arise are for the seller to disprove not the buyer to prove.

The fact you brought the issue to the attention of the selling dealer very quickly, I would imagine you have a case for it to be fixed quickly or changed. It needs properly looking at, so request the dealer does so. It could be something as simple as a loose mount or similar.

Regards

volvoXC60driver Dec 15th, 2013 08:53

transmission issue

Hi volvorocks,

just to update you. i took the car to the local volvo dealer who confirmed the fault as described. they contacted their head office for advice and i received the following explanation. the issue described is a safely feature which eliminates the possibility of putting the car into reverse gear when trying to engage 6th gear. it is true that the 6th and reverse gears are located next to each other but is it the case that all volvoxc60 cars have this safety feature enabled? or do they use a different gearbox? the engineers in the same volvo garage removed the central console to further examine the issue but they were unable to improve or correct it.
kind regards

ex Triumph Man Dec 18th, 2013 17:47

You have got me worried!!!

I have just ordered a 14.5 MY XC60 manual to replace a 60 reg XC90 auto (no longer need 7 seats)

When out testing a manual car from Lloyd Volvo in Carlisle, I did notice just how close the gears are together. In fact, when trying to get 4th from 5th, I got 2nd instead.

Hopefully the new set up will have overcome this. I deliberately went back to manual as I did not like the thought of the car hunting for a gear with 8 to choose from.

Crockers Dec 23rd, 2013 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex Triumph Man (Post 1539360)
You have got me worried!!!

Hopefully the new set up will have overcome this. I deliberately went back to manual as I did not like the thought of the car hunting for a gear with 8 to choose from.

Why do you think it will "hunt". Having driven BMWs 8 speed box and Mercedes 7 speed they are both seamless.