Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC60 2018 Spare Wheel (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=278801)

Rogerp Feb 26th, 2018 14:29

XC60 2018 Spare Wheel

Hi. Picking up my new XC60 2018 on Thursday and would like to get a Tempa spare wheel question is there room above the battery and keep the floor in place?
Anybody fitted one if so what did you use, I also understand you can only get 17"
Any Help appreciated.
Roger

Rogerp Mar 4th, 2018 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogerp (Post 2374124)
Hi. Picking up my new XC60 2018 on Thursday and would like to get a Tempa spare wheel question is there room above the battery and keep the floor in place?
Anybody fitted one if so what did you use, I also understand you can only get 17"
Any Help appreciated.
Roger

Well it seems 100 have looked at this post but nobody knows the answer, I've now got it as you most probably know the 2018 models have the battery in the boot underneath the (wooden) boot floor, and it doesn't look like a wheel will fit but it does, I bought a genuine Volvo spare wheel (Tempa) and it fits over the battery but still allows the floor to fit above it, plus you can get an 18" wheel...Hope this helps somebody else.
Roger

Whiterdesign Mar 4th, 2018 21:48

Sorry if no one replied but you probably put this post in the wrong place, should have gone in the general section. Plus if you do a search there has already been a long post about this already.

simonjedrake Mar 4th, 2018 23:17

In addition please could you advise us what model of the XC60 you have as if you are referring to a T8 version then there is no room for a Tempa space saver wheel.

Rogerp Mar 6th, 2018 10:07

Well I consider myself well and truly reprimanded, It’s a shame that nobody told me I had posted in the wrong section this is what I saw
XC60 '17> / XC90 '14> / S90 & V90 '16> Articles and it says XC60, as to what model okay another mistake.
But it would have been nice if somebody out of the 100 could have pointed this out at the start, and if it was is in the wrong place how come so many read it.
Yes I don’t fully understand these Forum things I’m 70 and Its all a bit strange, but no worries I will sign off and not bother to come back so you can all rest in peace.
Good bye from me.

seripco Mar 10th, 2018 11:49

Xc60 spare wheel

Hi roger,
i like you have just purchased a new xc60 mine is a D4 momentum still waiting on delivery though,thanks for letting people know that it does fit as i was also wondering if it would as not bought with the car.Like you i am also a first time user of this forum but don’t be put off by how other users reply as it’s sometimes not meant to sound how it comes across,i felt like that on a Vw touareg forum with some of the reply’s i received but just ignored them and found you can get good info from some of these guys who post,especially if you are keeping the car longer than 3years as this is when the problems start to arrive as you probably know. Hope you are enjoying your new car and have many trouble free years motoring.

pagan8c Mar 10th, 2018 23:46

I couldn't see where the reprimand was in the replies just genuine queries in order to assist the OP getting a straight reply. When some people reply they get straight to the point and maybe comes across a bit abrupt but not meant to admonish. I have seen some replies to other questions which are quite short shrift but not on this occasion. And if you are still here Roger welcome to the Forum.

Pdsam Apr 9th, 2018 20:49

The battery is indeed in the boot for the 2018 models.
There is also a well for a spare wheel including the foam insert, I have no spare wheel just the liquid but am also considering getting a spare wheel.

Benger Jun 19th, 2019 11:55

Hi Roger
I have just posted a space saver tyre for sale for an XC60 [MY19] if you are still looking.
in the sales section.
Thanks
Jens

pauljoz Jun 30th, 2019 10:38

The designer and/or exec who sign off on a car that cant accomodate a full size spare need to be stranded somewhere very hot or cold with a lesser diameter spacesaver 200km from a workshop.

Sheetmetal changes would be trivial to fit a spare with the same diameter.