Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Volvo V70R Auto 2004 For Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=308343)

Scara Jul 27th, 2020 23:02

Volvo V70R Auto 2004 For Sale

Selling Ingrid, my beloved Volvo v70r auto in arguably the best colour combo

I thought I’d put her on this forum in the hope that she’ll go to a good home, before I send her onto ebay…

You could buy this car and be proud to run her as is, or improve her further and run a perfect modern classic for many years to come

I’m looking for £3750, so plenty of headroom for someone to invest in her, and for a quick sale

The good bits;

UK Car, not imported, in the best colour combo (Metallic grey and iconic atacama interior)

Low mileage 105,000

MOT to 20.09.2020

Full Volvo service history, last service completed 15.04.2019 at 102,099 miles

Good bodywork, no rust

Smart interior with atacama leather

Strong engine and gearbox – runs super well

AC runs cold and hot

Still looks amazing

Extras

Volvo Dog guard fitted
Tinted windows
Small Transformer badge (kids advise this is highly sought after accessory 😊)

The less good bits;

Small split in underside of front bumper. Have investigated a used bumper, on eBay (s60r) for £250 or could have repair done at garage for approx £150.

Slight bump to rear bumper exhaust casing

N/S Rear bulb required, just blown

Rear wiper motor not working

Intermittent ABS warning light coming on & off (my garage say the sensor may need replacing)

Wheels would benefit from refurbishing (£50 a corner)

Chassis service light on. I think this is due to needing a new front shock absorber (I have one ready to fit)

She has joined me in 'lockdown' and is currently SORN, as I've had use of my husband's Volvo when needed.

She has been a great car for me, only selling as need to downsize - I'm not doing the mileage I used to (evident from last service to now). Honest car for age and mileage, bodywork is in good condition for a 16 year old car.* I've had her for 9 years and will genuinely be sorry to see her go.

I'm based in Ashford, Kent and happy for any (covidsafe) viewings.

I will try and upload my photos tomorrow (need technical support from my son as saying files are too big!) 🙄

Happy to answer any questions, please message me 😀

Scara Jul 28th, 2020 11:02

V70R Auto 2004 For Sale

5 Attachment(s)
Pictures attached. Have had to resize them but can send originals direct if needed!

akidman77 Aug 18th, 2020 03:02

Looks stunning...good luck with the sale (this is just what i will be wanting...unfortunately not till after xmas:sad-smiley-047:)

Scara Aug 18th, 2020 13:42

She is a beauty, going to be sorry to see her go 😥

harveys Aug 18th, 2020 23:55

To be honest going to be a hard sell with faults that will fail a MOT .
As the MOT is due next month getting a new one would make a better choice to help a sale .
Just looked at the last MOT Advisories are a very expensive long list :(

biggbn Aug 23rd, 2020 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by harveys (Post 2657399)
To be honest going to be a hard sell with faults that will fail a MOT .
As the MOT is due next month getting a new one would make a better choice to help a sale .
Just looked at the last MOT Advisories are a very expensive long list :(

advisories don't look bad, unless I'm missing something . Couple of tyres and a wipe down of the shocks, the new shock being provided? I would agree, get a year in it, i always do if I'm selling a GOOD car. Gives buyer, and seller, peace of mind.

harveys Aug 23rd, 2020 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggbn (Post 2658852)
advisories don't look bad, unless I'm missing something . Couple of tyres and a wipe down of the shocks, the new shock being provided? I would agree, get a year in it, i always do if I'm selling a GOOD car. Gives buyer, and seller, peace of mind.

The car needs 4 shocks / springs, front will need new spring seat rubbers, cover bump stop .
ABS fault lamp. 2 tyres Thats over £1500
Last MOT say rear shocks have little damping & leaking.
The V70R is a very expensive car to fix due to parts prices.
1 Shock from Volvo is over £600 . Ok Monroe is £450 for 2 if you can get them normally no stock tho.

Infiltrator Aug 24th, 2020 09:51

Hi, are the wheels 17" or 18", and what does road tax cost for this model?

Agree it's the best colour combo.

Thanks

biggbn Aug 27th, 2020 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by harveys (Post 2658873)
The car needs 4 shocks / springs, front will need new spring seat rubbers, cover bump stop .
ABS fault lamp. 2 tyres Thats over £1500
Last MOT say rear shocks have little damping & leaking.
The V70R is a very expensive car to fix due to parts prices.
1 Shock from Volvo is over £600 . Ok Monroe is £450 for 2 if you can get them normally no stock tho.

why four? And i missed any mention of springs? And it is surely dependent on how bad they are? No mention of this in previous MOTs and it is only an advisory, might be worth a drive to see how strict the tester was?

I would be more concerned about the cost of the eye surgery i would need after seeing the interior in the flesh!! 😂

harveys Aug 27th, 2020 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggbn (Post 2660026)
why four? And i missed any mention of springs? And it is surely dependent on how bad they are? No mention of this in previous MOTs and it is only an advisory, might be worth a drive to see how strict the tester was?

I would be more concerned about the cost of the eye surgery i would need after seeing the interior in the flesh!! 😂

Lets just wait and see if it gets a new MOT before the current one runs out ?.
Then see what was required to get a pass .
Testers have to be very careful what they do as do the garage they are working for.