Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Leather quality (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=258737)

aab203 Nov 17th, 2016 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2196494)
How do you put photos in a message on the thread.

You can either click the 'Manage Attachments' in the 'Additional Options' section or click on the paperclip icon - nestled amongst the other icons above the reply text box. Doing this brings up another window where you can upload your photos.

That's all you need to do I think as the photos will auto appear in your post

nu11eaf Nov 17th, 2016 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by aab203 (Post 2196504)
You can either click the 'Manage Attachments' in the 'Additional Options' section or click on the paperclip icon - nestled amongst the other icons above the reply text box. Doing this brings up another window where you can upload your photos.

That's all you need to do I think as the photos will auto appear in your post

Thanks, I will give it a go later.

neon Nov 18th, 2016 12:56

As requested, pic of drivers seat on door side with nappa leather. May not seem that bad but my car has only done 2500 miles and I look after the interior of my cars. (it was raining when I took the pic)

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/a...psti9has6g.jpg

Konst Nov 19th, 2016 07:50

Thanks for posting the picture. It is always hard to understand the leather wearing from a picture, but it seems anyway too much for a 2500 miles car.
Although I guess wearing is more related to getting in/out cycles than to mileage.
Mine have nappa ventilated (therefore perforated) and I begin to see some wearing at 3000 Km...

Soltan Nov 19th, 2016 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2197162)
As requested, pic of drivers seat on door side with nappa leather. May not seem that bad but my car has only done 2500 miles and I look after the interior of my cars. (it was raining when I took the pic)

Does seem excessive, I must admit when buying a car the wear on the seat is a big factor for me in deciding how worn the car is overall. Judging by the photo I would have guessed mileage closer to 25000 than 2500.

neon Nov 19th, 2016 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soltan (Post 2197687)
Does seem excessive, I must admit when buying a car the wear on the seat is a big factor for me in deciding how worn the car is overall. Judging by the photo I would have guessed mileage closer to 25000 than 2500.

It does really stand out as the rest of the drivers seat and other seats are smooth leather with no creases. Even with the seat at the lowest and furthest back I cannot avoid touching that area when getting in and out.
Like anything if based on what I know now if I ordered again, this is one thing on my list I would probably not order again, the sports contour seats, I like the comfort but want something that will still look good in years to come. I had not seen them in person but sat in the R Design and thought they would be the same. I think the R design seats are different on the base sides to mine. Maybe someone could take a pic for comparison.

Konst Nov 20th, 2016 08:30

I believe the R-design seats are not full leather (only the side bolster are leather) maybe the nubuk imitation is more durable.
Having had high side bolster sport seats in previous car, I avoided on purpose the contour seats option in the XC90 but the comfort seats have still high sides which are the part with earlier wearing.

neon Nov 22nd, 2016 23:45

Update from today:
Seat base on drivers side replaced. Looks exactly the same. Dealer said that the only difference they could see visually was there was an extra row of stitching inside the leather. Also said that another XC90 was coming in to be done as well.
Now I have nice smooth leather again and will see how it goes.

marceloavg Nov 22nd, 2016 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konst (Post 2197965)
I believe the R-design seats are not full leather (only the side bolster are leather) maybe the nubuk imitation is more durable.
Having had high side bolster sport seats in previous car, I avoided on purpose the contour seats option in the XC90 but the comfort seats have still high sides which are the part with earlier wearing.

Yeah on the rdesign you can add full leather as an option (nappa for about £1k)

Konst Nov 23rd, 2016 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2199484)
Update from today:
Seat base on drivers side replaced. Looks exactly the same. Dealer said that the only difference they could see visually was there was an extra row of stitching inside the leather. Also said that another XC90 was coming in to be done as well.
Now I have nice smooth leather again and will see how it goes.

good news. I hope the seat base is now made on better leather quality , even if its looks the same.