Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

jamesmoss Oct 27th, 2011 22:39

v50 pop up satnav

my pop up satnav has stopped popping up, i have removed it and found the drive gear is broken cardiff volvo said you cant get the gears and i would have to buy a new system can any one help

jmonroe Oct 28th, 2011 05:53

Need a couple sets of 271496 rod bearings. Jmonroe@bellsouth.net

Rufe Oct 28th, 2011 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesmoss (Post 1012908)
my pop up satnav has stopped popping up, i have removed it and found the drive gear is broken cardiff volvo said you cant get the gears and i would have to buy a new system can any one help

Hello James,

I am afraid the Cardiff dealer is correct. If you look at this diagram below it shows you how this part is listed on our screen, with no serviceable parts at all:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...6/36050240.jpg

I am very sorry about that,

Simon

Rufe Oct 28th, 2011 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmonroe (Post 1013048)
Need a couple sets of 271496 rod bearings. Jmonroe@bellsouth.net

Hello,

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news twice in a row here, but unfortunately I have no choice as the part number 271496 has been discontinued by Volvo so we can not get them any longer. We do not have any here in our stock and I ran a UK dealer search just in case another dealer had them in stock but to no avail.

Sorry once again,

Simon :(

jamesmoss Oct 29th, 2011 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesmoss (Post 1012908)

thanks for that simon dose any one have any idea where to get this gear from do you know who makes the screens for volvo

SonyVaio Oct 29th, 2011 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesmoss (Post 1014188)
thanks for that simon dose any one have any idea where to get this gear from do you know who makes the screens for volvo

Have a look at this thread, I'm sure you'll find it useful.

LINKY!

:star-wars-smiley-01

Thanatos Oct 31st, 2011 18:05

Simon can you quote for new dizzy cap and rotor arm for a v70 awd 2.5 reg k7vhs and for a set of track rod ends for the same vehicle both sides please

amdvol Nov 1st, 2011 13:27

James,

See link under section for V70 between 00-07 and the message for supplying new factory sat nav's if current version broken.

Rufe Nov 3rd, 2011 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos (Post 1015432)
Simon can you quote for new dizzy cap and rotor arm for a v70 awd 2.5 reg k7vhs and for a set of track rod ends for the same vehicle both sides please

Hello,

I am sorry I had not seen your post before now, but I do encourage everyone to call us for a quote as I may not always see them straight away when left here I am afraid.

I did just try to quickly look at this for you but your registration number was not recognised by the Volvo database. For this reason I would require your 17 digit VIN number in order to proceed with a parts enquiry.

Please can you call us on either of our direct parts telephone numbers in my banner below for a no-obligation quote, remembering to quote discount code 'C3' so we know that you are an online customer!

Many thanks,

Simon :)

Rufe Nov 3rd, 2011 12:43

I would like to say a big Thank You to everyone who has called us for prices, users from this site really have kept us very busy and for that we are very grateful! I know there can be a lot of choice out there as it seems a different Volvo dealer pops up every month or so offering discounts, but even so we are very happy to say that we have grown our mail order internet sales from year to year and we still continue to do so. :)

Can I please just make a quick point though, when calling us it really is vital that you identify yourself to us as an online customer by quoting Discount Code 'C3' when calling.

The heavily discounted prices we offer users of this site are simply not automatically offered to every person that dials our number, we offer it only to those who can identify themselves as being users of this forum (Discount Code 'C3' tells us that straight away!).

A lot of people get towards the end of the call and then say something like "I thought you give discounts though??" or "That's the same price as I was quoted by my local dealer??" Other worse case scenarios are where someone doesn't say anything, and just says thank you and then never calls back.

We are more than happy to offer our large discounts to all users of this forum, but we really do have to be told that you use this forum! Please keep that in mind when calling us or you will get told retail prices, and we don't want to upset anyone!

I hope this helps clear this up!

Simon :)