Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Auto Hold Brake and EPB when Parking (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=310270)

Gio Sep 25th, 2020 10:41

Auto Hold Brake and EPB when Parking

Hi to All,

When the Auto Hold feature is on (green light illuminates on the Auto Hold button), and you switch off the engine (having already shifted the automatic transmission into P), the parking brake comes automatically on?

amadan Sep 25th, 2020 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio (Post 2667732)
Hi to All,

When the Auto Hold feature is on (green light illuminates on the Auto Hold button), and you switch off the engine (having already shifted the automatic transmission into P), the parking brake comes automatically on?

It doesn’t by default which to me seems like an oversight. You need to enable it for each profile you want it on - somewhere in the settings.

Edit:
From the V60 manual (CANT imagine that matters)

Automatic parking brake activation setting
Choose whether the parking brake is to be activated automatically when the car is switched off.

To change setting:

Tap on Settings in the centre display's top view.
Press My CarParking Brake and Suspension to select or deselect the function Auto Activate Parking Brake

Gio Sep 25th, 2020 11:30

QUOTE=amadan;2667742]It doesn’t by default which to me seems like an oversight. You need to enable it for each profile you want it on - somewhere in the settings.

Edit:
From the V60 manual (CANT imagine that matters)

Automatic parking brake activation setting
Choose whether the parking brake is to be activated automatically when the car is switched off.

To change setting:

Tap on Settings in the centre display's top view.
Press My CarParking Brake and Suspension to select or deselect the function Auto Activate Parking Brake[/QUOTE]

Yes I know this is the setting for the automatic EPB activation.

Just asking because the manual says:

Auto Hold Brake:
The parking brake is activated if

the vehicle is switched off

Should this happen in any transmission position (in P or N for example)?

amadan Sep 26th, 2020 06:30

Sorry I’m not sure what you’re asking then.

My experience is Auto hold disengages when you turn off the car and the car will roll forward or backwards until the slack is taken up on the gears in the gearbox unless you either have that setting on or set the handbrake.

The car will also always move the gearbox to park when you turn it off although my car is a T8 underneath and the non-PHEVs I think have a different shifter arrangement so your milage may vary.

nu11eaf Sep 26th, 2020 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio (Post 2667732)
Hi to All,

This is normal if you have "activate parking brake when engine turned off" selected in your settings, You do not need auto hold on for auto park brake to activate if turned on, auto hold uses the parking brake system, its the same thing it just comes on when stationary while engine is running. You can turn off auto parking brake in the settings if you wish.