Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   1998 Volvo V90 3.0 24v SE - £895 - Chesterfield (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271040)

RF82 Jul 30th, 2017 18:17

1998 Volvo V90 3.0 24v SE - £895 - Chesterfield

I`m putting my V90 up for sale, and thought I`d try here first before it goes on eBay.

I bought this back in early May, as I needed a car quickly to get me to a funeral and back in Weymouth....a 500 mile round trip in a day. It performed faultlessly throughout, an I`ve kept it since, putting on a further 1500 miles in the process. It was only ever bought as a temporary car though, and now I have no need for it, so it`s got to go.

The main points are;

MOT until November 25th (only covered 2500 miles since the last one)

Full and comprehensive Volvo main dealer service history with 19 Volvo stamps, last services at 117,000 miles on 2015.

Blackberry wine metallic (purple)

The bodywork is superb. No rust, just a small scuff to the centre of the rear bumper, and a very minor scrape to the N/S rear wheel arch. Looks lovely with a clean and polish.

The engine is as expected......starts first time, idles correctly and drives very well indeed. I`d genuinely get in and go anywhere in this.

The interior is also very good. No undue wear, no cracks, no smoke etc. however, I do have dogs who have been in the back, so if anyone is sensitive to this, it`s best you know ;)! It`ll be fully valeted before collection though.

Alloy wheels and tyres are all very good too. Tyres match across the axles, with Pirellis on the front, and Continentals on the rear.

What needs doing?

It`ll need front discs at some point soon, certainly before the next MOT. It`ll also need new rear shockers too. It has the Nivomats at present, but they sit low a lot of the time. Either replace like for like, or for a more finance friendly option, replace with non nivomats. To do this, you would need to replace the leaf spring that sits across the axle, and I have the correct uprated one for this, ready to be fitted. On the inside, the heated seats don`t work, and the electric seats are dodgy........the passenger one doesn`t work at all, and the drivers moves about an inch or two forwards and back. I`m 6ft, and have no problems with this.

That`s about it. All in all, it really is a lovely example, with one of the best service history files I`ve ever seen consisting of full book pack, and invoices for seemingly everything it`s ever needed, all from volvo. Only 4 owners in total too, 2 of which were me, and the guy I bought it off.

It`s priced at £895 which I feel is a very fair price. It`s based in Chesterfield, but I could deliver anywhere at all for the cost of fuel and return train fare.

I`ll get pictures on tomorrow, incase anyone is interested.

coolpurks Jul 30th, 2017 19:11

Seems like a nice car! Is it an auto or manual? Thanks!

RF82 Jul 30th, 2017 19:15

Auto, sorry forgot to put that.

hutch63 Jul 30th, 2017 19:52

photos please inside and out.
thanks

Bloater Jul 30th, 2017 20:10

Hi

I'm interested in your V90 and would like to come and have a look but as I am new to the forum I dont think I can PM; maybe you could PM me when you have a chance.

Thanks in advance

Bloater

Iain Bew Jul 31st, 2017 10:02

Sounds like good example: - Awaiting pictures with bated breath! what colour is the interior finish please?
I assume you will posting pics on Volvo forum?

Thanks

RF82 Jul 31st, 2017 14:04

I`ll get pictures up ASAP guys. Unfortunately, I put my back out over the weekend, so it`ll be a day or two by the time I`m with the car again at the unit.

The interior is the black/dark grey leather and alcantara.

RF82 Aug 4th, 2017 14:57

10 Attachment(s)
Apologies about the pictures, between having a bad back, the shocking weather up here and work, I`ve had no time to valet the car. But, here are some pictures to give you an idea.........

Iain Bew Aug 4th, 2017 22:35

Looks very nice indeed: I am on my way to see it... where are you? !!! (Chesterfield, that's a start) :rose: Iain

I hope the dogs in the back like Labradors. - 'Hope your back is better.

RF82 Aug 5th, 2017 10:07

No worries Iain, yeah, all 3 dogs are friendly, so don`t worry ;)

I`ll PM you the address details now if you still want to come take a look.

Rob