Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   XC90 - Engine System Service Required (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=238825)

Spike H Dec 13th, 2015 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2017928)
Drive it some more then.
The message will go on its own if oil was the problem and you've resolved it.

Well, the message disappeared today! By my reckoning 200 - 250 miles after rectifying the problem.

Many thanks!

Spike H Dec 13th, 2015 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2017928)
Drive it some more then.
The message will go on its own if oil was the problem and you've resolved it.

Good advice.

smallbokke Mar 19th, 2016 18:46

Error Code 082 on 2011 XC90 Executive

I've just had our XC90 serviced and the engine system service required warning has come on.
We knew it was the oil as we wasted a lot of money on a new sensor light when we first bought it, so we have asked the garage to remove some oil - down to 3/4 full.
The light, however, is still on and we have just sold the car and were due to drop it off to the new owners this afternoon!
So annoyed!
We tried the reset trick, but it shows error code 082. Does anyone know what that is?

cheshired5 Mar 19th, 2016 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallbokke (Post 2080169)
I've just had our XC90 serviced and the engine system service required warning has come on.
We knew it was the oil as we wasted a lot of money on a new sensor light when we first bought it, so we have asked the garage to remove some oil - down to 3/4 full.
The light, however, is still on and we have just sold the car and were due to drop it off to the new owners this afternoon!
So annoyed!
We tried the reset trick, but it shows error code 082. Does anyone know what that is?

How far have you driven it since removing some oil?

smallbokke Mar 19th, 2016 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2080171)
How far have you driven it since removing some oil?

We'll we've had the car back from the garage for a week, drove it around a little bit then took it back yesterday to drain some oil, then back again today.
Oddly enough, not onlyis that message up but the alarm keeps going off too for no reason!

cheshired5 Mar 19th, 2016 19:15

As you can see in comment #11 above, a decent mileage needs to be covered before the warning self cancels.

The erratic alarm behaviour is probably the internal siren battery giving up.

apikou Sep 28th, 2018 23:55

Hi guys, I have the same prob, did you finally solve it by sucking out the extra oil? Has the message cleared?

Spike H Sep 29th, 2018 08:49

It worked for me.

Approx 500ml oil removed using syringe, so the level was as per the picture in post #5. The message only cleared after covering a couple of hundred miles, see post #11.

potshot May 19th, 2019 15:11

I have this message come up but I had the oil changed around a year ago, seems strange for this message to come up now. I won't be able to remove any oil for a week at least but I need to do 13 miles a day to work and back in the meantime, will it be ok using the car. I live on a hill so checking the oil level is not accurate and need to check it next when I park on a level road.

potshot May 19th, 2019 15:19

My car is an S60 D5 2008. What syringe would somebody recommend?