Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Engine Oil Level Poll (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=100531)

wimorrison Jul 19th, 2010 12:24

Engine Oil Level Poll

To try and understand if this is a common issue or one that is rather more isolated I wonder if you could answer the poll questions above. That way we will be able to understand the occurence of the issue

r-designbob Jul 19th, 2010 13:09

Hopefully the mods will make this a "sticky". :thumbs_up:

wimorrison Jul 19th, 2010 13:36

Mods - can you make this sticky?

Quote:

Originally Posted by r-designbob (Post 707940)
Hopefully the mods will make this a "sticky". :thumbs_up:

Good suggestion - how do we get the Mods to make it a sticky?

BArker Jul 19th, 2010 14:19

Rising oil level

My v70 D5 has been to various dealers a number of times during the last 2 years (twice in the last 2 weeks) due to this issue with the rising oil level. My car is generally used on the motorway and I only use V-Power or Ultimate diesel. My visit to volvo last week will hopefuly be the last until the next service, but I now have little faith in either the car or the dealers. All they have done so far is carry out various software upgrades. Could this be a mechanical issue too? This is my 3rd Volvo and the only one I have had issues with. Can anyone offer some advise on the problem?

UKDave Jul 19th, 2010 15:43

What do you mean by 'issue', do you mean 'have you actually experienced a problem', or 'have you had the recall' ?

r-designbob Jul 19th, 2010 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by wimorrison (Post 707949)
Good suggestion - how do we get the Mods to make it a sticky?

My experience from other forums, they will see this ask and automatically do it......hopefully. :)

Wait and see what happens, if not PM them.

wimorrison Jul 19th, 2010 16:44

I suggest that is 'actually suffered' from the Rising Oil level - that is what we want to know.

There are many recalls for many things almost none of which you ever encounter, having had a recall notice is immaterial if you have not suffered from the issue :)

wilbydoughboy Jul 19th, 2010 17:00

How would I know if I have oil pressure issues. With a newish car under warranty I wouldnt think there would be such issues but unless told how would one know as I cannot see any oil spewing out anywhere or any smoke puffing.

UKDave Jul 19th, 2010 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilbydoughboy (Post 708054)
How would I know if I have oil pressure issues. With a newish car under warranty I wouldnt think there would be such issues but unless told how would one know as I cannot see any oil spewing out anywhere or any smoke puffing.

That is what I meant :err:

wimorrison Jul 19th, 2010 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilbydoughboy (Post 708054)

I do not know anything about oil pressure issues, in fact I have never seen them mentioned anywhere (perhaps you could expand on this?).

The issue is in the title of the thread, Rising Oil Levels which you will notice everytime you check the oil level - assuming that you do.

Even under warranty you need to check the oil level since if it is low or high and damage occurs then the ensuing damage could be attributed to you as the maintainer and then the warranty would be void. You fill up the windscreen washers between services, you check the tyres, the need to check the oil level is in the same league as these items :)