Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Kinda gutted... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286669)

NathanJT Sep 21st, 2018 16:27

Kinda gutted...

So today is new car day and this morning I was as excited as you can probably imagine.

Things took a turn for the worst though the second I opened the car. Volvo fitted the wrong inlays. I'd ordered Chrome but they've fitted the standard driftwood (which when I first test drove one I hated).

Really not sure how I feel now other than deflated. Still it drives beautifully and Fusion Red in the sunshine is just stunning.

nu11eaf Sep 21st, 2018 16:34

Are they going to rectify it.

NathanJT Sep 21st, 2018 17:01

I don't see the point of ripping the interior apart to be honest and in retrospect it's actually growing on me.

They have given me a few bits to make amends too.

Just annoyed more than anything.

Crockers Sep 21st, 2018 18:34

Have you gone with a blonde interior? I think the driftwood suits a blonde interior best.

Lexman8 Sep 21st, 2018 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanJT (Post 2449899)
I don't see the point of ripping the interior apart

Actually, it's not that big (or dramatic) a job apart from the sliding cover in the centre. I had my trim changed and it's impossible to tell that it was done.

tem Sep 21st, 2018 21:10

What I find beyond belief, is when the car arrived at the Dealers it should have been fully checked over to see if it was to the clients order.
Noticing that not all was correct, they should have contacted the client and explained the change, this would then give the client the option to: reject, accept or ask for the trim to be changed to chrome, before the PDI was even carried out.

To arrive on the day to collect your new car and find out that things were not as ordered, is just not on.
This Dealer should be named and shamed.

I know that all Volvo Dealers are not the same, but after waiting 6 months for my current V90, my Salesman sent me a video of the car being offloaded from the transporter, the video continued to show the various options that I had ordered, including a full interior view, so that I could see the amber seats/trim, etc.

tem.

canis Sep 22nd, 2018 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanJT (Post 2449899)
I don't see the point of ripping the interior apart to be honest and in retrospect it's actually growing on me.

They have given me a few bits to make amends too.

Just annoyed more than anything.

That's how they get you.

If I'd bought a brand new car, it'd be how I ordered it or I'd not accept delivery. You could always take your money to BMW instead. Why have you paid thousands of pounds for them to annoy you?

Not only would I demand the car I ordered, I'd demand they compensate me for being messed about. The word "time-wasters" springs to mind.

"Oh sorry, did I give you the wrong banknotes? Oh it doesn't matter, they'll grow on you if you stare at them long enough. Fivers look better than tenners anyway"

Deman77 Sep 22nd, 2018 09:19

Don’t change it. Bits around the central console is quite a big job. I think they lift the whole dashboard to do it. Any little spacers or washers they miss when putting things back together you will never know but it will creak. Even with tgevdoors they may create tiny squeaks that weren’t there. It just will not feel solid over potholes like new cars do.
You will also end up with dirty handprints and rubmarks everywhereon your new interior. It’s not worth it.
If it’s growing on you work on that feeling.

BiggyG Sep 22nd, 2018 21:17

Two things.

1. name and shame the dealer

2. What did they give you?
I bought a used XC90 which hadn’t had software updates done or have a working VOC module and I managed to get CarPlay installed for free, worth £300. For something as serious as the wrong trim, and for all the reasons mentioned above regarding not swapping it, in my view they should be baying to the tune of a 2-3k or you reject the car and take your money elsewhere. Simple breach of contract.

Director76 Sep 22nd, 2018 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggyG (Post 2450252)
in my view they should be baying to the tune of a 2-3k or you reject the car and take your money elsewhere. Simple breach of contract.

Really? That’ll be their margin on the sale largely gone at £3k (unless the OP lined their pockets with gap insurance, paint protection etc! 😉)

They’d probably jump at a rejection if that was a disgruntled owners request; given there is nothing actually wrong with the car, it would be back on the forecourt waiting for someone who want to jump a 5 month wait for a well spec’d car in a great colour!!

CarPlay probably costs almost nothing for the dealers, that’s why freebies and compensation takes the form of services that have a high margin, ie free service, interior fabric protect etc or dealer fit accessories which also have a good %

Dealers don’t value long term customer relationships anymore, each deal must wipe its feet directly or by feeding into the monthly targets, bonuses etc.

All this is hypothetical of course, sounds like OP has made right decision to live with it and hope the extras agreed upon were of value to them.