Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Track control arm polybushes (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290551)

griston64 Feb 1st, 2019 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by aardvarkash10 (Post 2491016)
I've done the entire front in poly bushings from IPD. Droplinks and swaybar bushings included. Rear will happen next season.

Not harsh at all and certainly assisted the navigational stability. Can't remember cost but it was not bad and the drop links were significantly cheaper than 21 quid!

The £21.00 is for the actual droplink. The rubber bushes and washers aren't included in cost from dealer

Laird Scooby Feb 1st, 2019 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2491021)
The £21.00 is for the actual droplink. The rubber bushes and washers aren't included in cost from dealer

Blimey! :err: I bought a pair of Delphi drop links on fleabay for about £15 delivered, complete with rubber bushes, steel washers and locknut.

That was after a flase start with a pair of (fake) Meyle links for about £11 (allegedly on Special Offer) failed after 2 months..... :realmad:

griston64 Feb 1st, 2019 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2491026)
Blimey! :err: I bought a pair of Delphi drop links on fleabay for about £15 delivered, complete with rubber bushes, steel washers and locknut.

That was after a flase start with a pair of (fake) Meyle links for about £11 (allegedly on Special Offer) failed after 2 months..... :realmad:

That's what worries me about some stuff on Fleabay. I'm not sure what to do yet about the droplinks. I may splash out and go genuine :teeth_smile:

-8c here this morning so nothing will be getting done under car this weekend:shocked:

Laird Scooby Feb 1st, 2019 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2491028)
That's what worries me about some stuff on Fleabay. I'm not sure what to do yet about the droplinks. I may splash out and go genuine :teeth_smile:

-8c here this morning so nothing will be getting done under car this weekend:shocked:

If the rubber bushes and washers/locknuts are available from Volvo, i'd say buy those bits and refurbish your existing drop links. However if the ones on there are pattern ones, the Volvo bits may not fit correctly.

General advice on the pattern parts is don't buy the cheapest, even if they are a known brand on "Special Offer" unless you have dealt with the seller before and know it's a genuine special offer. That's still no guarantee though and the way i view it is if it's cheap enough to buy and does the job, all good. If it's cheap and fails in short order, not too much of a problem but buys you time, particularly if you're near to the MoT time.

griston64 Feb 1st, 2019 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2491034)
If the rubber bushes and washers/locknuts are available from Volvo, i'd say buy those bits and refurbish your existing drop links. However if the ones on there are pattern ones, the Volvo bits may not fit correctly.

General advice on the pattern parts is don't buy the cheapest, even if they are a known brand on "Special Offer" unless you have dealt with the seller before and know it's a genuine special offer. That's still no guarantee though and the way i view it is if it's cheap enough to buy and does the job, all good. If it's cheap and fails in short order, not too much of a problem but buys you time, particularly if you're near to the MoT time.

I may do that but I'm not sure if the bush at the bottom of the droplink comes out ?

classicswede Feb 1st, 2019 10:28

The bottom bush does come out with a bit of fire.

Before buying bushes make sure the nuts will undo. It is not uncommon for them to seize up and shear when you come to undo them. A soak first and then see if they will open ok

griston64 Feb 1st, 2019 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicswede (Post 2491057)
The bottom bush does come out with a bit of fire.

Before buying bushes make sure the nuts will undo. It is not uncommon for them to seize up and shear when you come to undo them. A soak first and then see if they will open ok

I cant seem to find the bottom bush as a part though ?

griston64 Feb 1st, 2019 11:06

1 Attachment(s)
See pic.

Attachment 118288

Top and bottom top bushes ( no 15 ) but it only lists the nut and bolt at the bottom ?

classicswede Feb 1st, 2019 17:41

same as a 240

classicswede Feb 1st, 2019 17:42

for poly bushes https://www.classicswede.co.uk/Front...4_8228022.aspx