Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   XC90 Camera Retrofit (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292731)

IrnBru Mar 12th, 2019 12:10

XC90 Camera Retrofit

Hi all, I'm a current XC60 owner and I'm currently looking to buy a used XC90. Probably a 2016 model. (I recently test drove a Q7 Audi, but these Volvos are just nicer places to sit :teeth_smile:).

The ones which I'm looking at don't have a reverse camera (even the Inscriptions!), however this is a bit of a deal breaker for me in selling the idea of a car this big to the other half.

A used car sales person at Volvo main dealer recently told me that these could be retrofitted. Has anyone done this through a main dealer? Either 360 camera or just a normal reverse camera? If so roughly what did you pay?

Note that I'm really not keen on any third party solution which uses an additional screen and would prefer to keep it as close to a Volvo factory option spec as possible.

Thanks in advance

St Evelyn Mar 12th, 2019 23:02

I've not done it, but I did look in to it, both for my current V90 and a previous S80 - in both cases the quote came in around a grand!! Roughly double the cost of ordering the same from factory!!!

Cost to dealer would be minimal in the greater scheme of a car purchase....if I were you I'd be trying to get them to do the mod as part of agreeing a deal on a Selekt Used XC90. :)

IrnBru Mar 13th, 2019 17:51

Quote:

Cost to dealer would be minimal in the greater scheme of a car purchase....if I were you I'd be trying to get them to do the mod as part of agreeing a deal on a Selekt Used XC90.
Hi - Thanks for the feedback. That does sound like the most sensible way to approach it. Thanks. The Selekt warranty definitely gives some comfort factor as well.

Dinoboy Jun 22nd, 2020 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by St Evelyn (Post 2503705)
I've not done it, but I did look in to it, both for my current V90 and a previous S80 - in both cases the quote came in around a grand!! Roughly double the cost of ordering the same from factory!!!

Cost to dealer would be minimal in the greater scheme of a car purchase....if I were you I'd be trying to get them to do the mod as part of agreeing a deal on a Selekt Used XC90. :)

I was wondering which Volvo dealership that you had the quote for 360 camera installation as I seem to get nowhere with this when I called the volvo dealers. I have a 2016 Volvo xc90 T8 and looking to get 360 camera installed instead of our rear view only camera system.
Many thanks for your response in advance.
All the best...

slimshooter Jun 24th, 2020 13:06

Having just gone through this the reserve camera can be retro fitted it was on offer last month and managed to get the dealer down to £600, normal price is a £1000. So you should be able to get it sorted, only if it has right sensus version, to connect it to the ports on the back but the dealer should be able to telL you this.

St Evelyn Jul 5th, 2020 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinoboy (Post 2641265)
I was wondering which Volvo dealership that you had the quote for 360 camera installation as I seem to get nowhere with this when I called the volvo dealers. I have a 2016 Volvo xc90 T8 and looking to get 360 camera installed instead of our rear view only camera system.
All the best...

I was referring to reverse camera - general consensus on here seems to be that retrofitting 360 is not economically viable, with many dealers stating it can't be done.

HunterBruce Dec 8th, 2020 23:27

XC90 Rev Cam Retro -2006-2010 models

Have any of you done this?

My car does not have such a system?

Can a Volvo part be retro on these year models?

Many Thks

JetBlastDeflector Dec 20th, 2020 16:14

Hi IrnBru,

Just had Rear View camera and Park Assist fitted to my 2019 Volvo V90 CC T5.

Total cost £1800.

Could not be doing without my Rear View camera, once you have had one it becomes a valuable safety feature on larger cars.

I reckon that you could get a dealer down to £800 for rear view camera if you can blag well!

Main thing is that it gets a Volvo warranty and integrates with the Volvo Sensus Touch Screen.

adsholden Feb 21st, 2021 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinoboy (Post 2641265)
All the best...

Hi there, I'm new to the forum but have exactly the same question. I recently bought a 2016 T8 XC90 R-Design and, although it's well-spec'd, it doesn't have front sensors and I'm petrified my ... ahem ... family might prang the front when parking forward. A 360 or front sensors would be awesome (it has rear sensors and camera). Did you or anyone eventually get anywhere with this? I got it through Selekt but didn't think to ask them at the time as was too excited to just take it as is!

Cheers

GJB Mar 11th, 2021 15:28

Suggest you enter in the right section for a reply