Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Brake failure stop safely (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316462)

foeism Apr 30th, 2021 13:37

Brake failure stop safely

1 Attachment(s)
So on starting her up this morning had the brake safely and the anti skid and abs light up, the clock and mileage were just ———

So I got home, no limp mode and cannot lock the car, the rear lights stay on until I lock the drivers door with the key, then I have to lock all the other doors manually. I did notice the cigarette lighter was not working as my dash cam is plugged into it. Also the interior lights were not working?

Any hooked up to Vida, and have the following codes-
Which hopefully are attached below.

Now I have read that maybe charging up the battery may help and that this could influence some of the signals as the doors won’t lock via the key phone and the rear lights stay on even with the key out of ignition?

As always appreciate any help and advice.

foeism Apr 30th, 2021 13:41

New pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully a better pic

XJSDriver Apr 30th, 2021 18:03

Looks like the brake pedal sensor is Kaput - should be an easy replacement. Something for the w/e to keep busy with to get out of those other chores!!

foeism Apr 30th, 2021 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJSDriver (Post 2733166)
Looks like the brake pedal sensor is Kaput - should be an easy replacement. Something for the w/e to keep busy with to get out of those other chores!!

Haha, there’s no way I’ll be able to get out of any chores!!

Thanks for the reply. I’ll get one ordered from Frf.

Any ideas why the keyphob and doors not locking?

oragex Apr 30th, 2021 19:36

Rear lights on, that's the position lights ?
I would start measuring the battery - undo one cable, lower the lid without locking it - it doesn't have a key lock for opening, let sit 2h then measure at the posts

foeism Apr 30th, 2021 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by oragex (Post 2733190)
I would start measuring the battery - undo one cable, lower the lid without locking it - it doesn't have a key lock for opening, let sit 2h then measure at the posts

I suspect it’s the battery?
The rear lights stayed on without the key in the ignition and only the rears.
Only turned off when I locked the car with the key?

Thanks for the reply, will pop out now to disconnect the battery.

FracturedButWhole Apr 30th, 2021 22:13

Brake pedal position sensor

Hi there,
I'm not here to give you any, possibly stupid, ideas, but you can actually repair the sensor. Cut rubber seal out, clean paths and slider with rubbing alcohol, reflow any solder joints, put it back together and seal it back using good quality silicone. I did that, saved me £120. Car brakes are working brilliant. Cheers.

foeism May 1st, 2021 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by oragex (Post 2733190)

Disconnected the battery overnight and showing 12.1v this morning.
Reconnected the battery and same errors and issues.

Could it be the key phob battery?

foeism May 1st, 2021 10:07

1 Attachment(s)
Checked Vida again, before my day with the kids begins and these popped up. The CEM - 1A5F Communication with BCM control module signal missing. Could this by the reason why issues with the key and interior lights not working?

gmonag May 1st, 2021 11:02

12.1V is a discharged battery. 12.6V is normal. Charge the battery then test again.

Key fob battery has nothing to do with this.

You could have CEM issues - corrosion at the connector due to water damage. If charging the battery does not fix the issue, check the CEM