Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   S80: Electrical Electric windows - automatic function not working properly (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=129053)

swozniak Jul 10th, 2011 11:22

Electric windows - automatic function not working properly

I have S80 2009 SE LUX and recently my car developed a minor failure. My front windows stopped automatically sliding down and up but it still works when holding the button down. Additionally when I use my remote keyfob and hold open button for few seconds to open all windows, only rear ones react.

I think it started when I parked my car the other day and tried to take the key out of the ignition but it wouldn't come out. Nothing worked, couldn't unlock the door, start the engine, I think I had to manually unlock the door using the door handle and then everything started working working properly.

I looked through the manual to see whether there are fuses for front electric windows, but couldn't find it in the manual. And it would be strange anyway, because windows work in general, just not automatically opening/closing.

Thanks for your help.

clivea Jul 11th, 2011 12:05

I have an XC70 and it had a similar problem and I found that in the Manual there are instructions for a reset. cannot remember exactly what it is but it involved the key fob in a certain position then some jiggery pokery with the window switch. Took about 20 seconds to reset them.

Absolutevolvo Jul 12th, 2011 16:23

Assuming its the same as the V70 raise the window using the front of the switch and hold the switch for a second, release and then hold the switch up for a further second and release.

swozniak Jul 19th, 2011 15:19

Sorry, I didn't have notification set and didn't know anyone replied. I am going to try that out now.

swozniak Jul 19th, 2011 15:24

Fixed!

Woo Hoo! Thank you very much. That sorted my problem very easily. Much appreciated.

apersson850 Aug 1st, 2011 11:01

This also happens if you disconnect the battery. Then the windows need re-calibration, to tell them where to stop for the ceiling...

eviltollman Apr 30th, 2014 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by swozniak (Post 949808)
Woo Hoo! Thank you very much. That sorted my problem very easily. Much appreciated.

Worked for my 09 s80 too. Thanks man!

errigal37 May 5th, 2014 22:14

worked for me too thanks

stablehouse May 6th, 2014 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolutevolvo (Post 945006)
Assuming its the same as the V70 raise the window using the front of the switch and hold the switch for a second, release and then hold the switch up for a further second and release.

Worked on my 2010 XC70, Thanks!
Curiously 3 of the windows lost the auto open / close function after replacing the battery, but following this procedure on each of them fixed them.

KFCKFC May 23rd, 2015 00:44

Worked for me too. Many thanks. :thumbs_up: