Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ireland: Mullingar - 21/11/2009 - ***Updated with Hotel Info*** (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=79898)

NI_Volvo_Nut Sep 6th, 2009 22:27

Mullingar - 21/11/2009 - ***Updated with Hotel Info***

The Irish / Northern Ireland branch of the Volvo Owners Club are currently organizing an informal event to bring owners of this great marque - both new and old - together on Saturday the 31st October 2009. Everyone who owns or has an interest in Volvo is invited to attend.
The basic outline of activities will be as follows:

* Meeting
* Scenic drive
* Lunch followed by relaxed discussion about the cars / club / future
* Nominations for election of a Committee
* Optional overnight stay at a Hotel ( handy for those driving long - distance )

As alluded to above, this meeting will also be important in discussing the future direction of the Irish / Northern Ireland branch of the Volvo Owners Club. All ideas and suggestions will be most welcome. The meeting is being purposely kept to a minimum in terms of expense: other activities, if planned between now and then, will be entirely optional and not central to the meeting. The most important thing is that anyone interested in the marquee and / or the future direction of the club comes along.

Further details will be posted to you in the coming weeks, regarding Hotel stay rates (if required) meet driving route, etc.

A fuller email has been sent to all members on my mailing list, if you have not yet received the email, please pm myself or ahal to be added.

Any suggestion as to a route for the drive or places for eating, please feel free to post or pm either of us.

Both Ahal and myself will be delighted to see you on the 31st Oct and will be in touch again well in advance of the meeting.

mchudd Sep 12th, 2009 09:48

irish meet

Hi Andy.
Iwill see if i can get that weekend of work. The 360GLS is of the road at the moment,but the mk1 345 is up and running.
Cheers Mark.

440anator Sep 12th, 2009 19:21

sounds like a plan ;)

Sundsvallsam Sep 17th, 2009 11:24

Mullingar 31st October

Great idea, well done. Hope to see you there. Barry.

ahal Sep 20th, 2009 10:11

What time?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking 2 p.m. seems like a harmless enough meet time, what does everyone else think?

Thanks,

Tony.

mchudd Sep 21st, 2009 16:11

Irish meet

Hi Ahal.
2pm sound like a spot on time.At that time of year,it get dark pretty early.
Cheers Mark.

NI_Volvo_Nut Sep 21st, 2009 18:06

2pm seems good, us Norn Iron wan's can convoy down lol

mickaleen59 Oct 11th, 2009 23:57

Anything further on this??????

NI_Volvo_Nut Oct 12th, 2009 05:18

Yes and no, its been brought to my attention that 31st Oct is Halloween, (like it changes every year lol) so we're talking about changing the date for those family members to be able to come along, we're looking at the following 2 saturdays, but we'll be putting up a poll and letting YOU decide ;)

ahal Oct 12th, 2009 12:28

Back from the sticks, lots of fresh cowdungy air and I even managed to spruce the car up for the meet ... the one we arranged for Halloween that is!

As stated ... it passed me by completely at the time too ... I even asked Andy to move Halloween this year but he said he couldn't ;)

That leaves us Sat 24th. Oct. which is a bit on the too near side imho, so we've got a choice of the 4 saturdays in November :)

Regards,

Tony.