Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   More info please (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=194370)

pacman67 Dec 8th, 2013 20:10

More info please

V70XC 02, Car has been running rough, had the lpg service as per thread. Still have a slightly rough tickover, but no problems with acceleration. Have noticed that when slowing down or crawling in traffic the car feels like warped discs, but has recently had a set of brakes, so not that. Tickover is around 670-650rpm (too slow ?), scan from obd2 has no codes. Did have a code for cylider 3 misfire, but this has not returned.
Refuelled at coop (flogas), last two times, and roughness has all but gone, still have the idle issue.
So whats gone on, car was bit better after the service, but still chuggy on the crawl (garage filled tank).
Refilled at shell, still chuggy.
Refilled at coop (flogas), running well, idle rough.
Should i clean, the ETM ? a job i was considering anyhow.
Is the fact that the ambient temp higher a factor ?
Has the ecu, sorted things with the new filters etc ?

classicswede Dec 8th, 2013 20:44

Cleaning the ETM is not going to do any harm.

Did you find out what the system is that you have fitted?

To me it is still sounding like possible sticky injectors.

pacman67 Dec 8th, 2013 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicswede (Post 1533224)
Cleaning the ETM is not going to do any harm.

Did you find out what the system is that you have fitted?

To me it is still sounding like possible sticky injectors.

No, garage didnt say, only that he didnt have any software for it, there are some letters on the lpg ecu, three letter logo i think.

classicswede Dec 8th, 2013 21:30

BRC? KME? AFC? RSI? GSI? SGI? They are the first possible ones that spring to mind

If you could take a couple of photos of the under bonnet stuff that would help identify things.

pacman67 Dec 8th, 2013 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicswede (Post 1533286)
BRC? KME? AFC? RSI? GSI? SGI? They are the first possible ones that spring to mind

If you could take a couple of photos of the under bonnet stuff that would help identify things.

I have a quieter day tomorrow, so i will sort some pictures.

pacman67 Dec 9th, 2013 10:17

3 Attachment(s)
OK, heres some pictures to help (with all the correct plumbing).

classicswede Dec 9th, 2013 16:34

The System is the AFC G3, software is dealer only (I am and approved installer for this system)

Did you buy the car from Liam?

The system is about 3 years old now I think, it could be worth trying a injector flush. You can also isolate each LPG injector so if there is a fault with one of them you already have a spare.

It really could do with the software hooking up to check for any sensor faults.

pacman67 Dec 9th, 2013 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicswede (Post 1533685)
The System is the AFC G3, software is dealer only (I am and approved installer for this system)

Did you buy the car from Liam?

The system is about 3 years old now I think, it could be worth trying a injector flush. You can also isolate each LPG injector so if there is a fault with one of them you already have a spare.

It really could do with the software hooking up to check for any sensor faults.

Yes, i did buy the car from Liam, is it yours then ?

classicswede Dec 9th, 2013 17:45

It is one of my conversions.

I had a faulty pressure sensor in that kit and had to replace it. Because of the delay I ended up getting my dad to deliver the car back to him.

It will have been well overdue the service and system check by now. Without the software only a partial service could have been done.

Do you want me to find out who your nearest approved installer for AFC is?

pacman67 Dec 9th, 2013 18:07

I've already spoken to the supplier and been in touch with the local agent thanks, and ordered injector cleaner.
What about the bypassed filter and the pipework?