Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Question on keyless (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=301297)

Geordiesteve Dec 6th, 2019 17:59

Question on keyless

Evening guys,

Quick question. My new drive - V90 R design D4 which I picked up last week... And I'm loving 😍😍 has keyless with convenience pack.
When I unlock it using my thumb on the handle it unlocks instantly. When I lock it in the same way it takes about 2 seconds to lock. Is this usual/ does it do some calibration or check hence the slight delay?

volvo s60 2001 Dec 6th, 2019 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geordiesteve (Post 2578521)
Evening guys,

Quick question. My new drive - V90 R design D4 which I picked up last week... And I'm loving 😍😍 has keyless with convenience pack.
When I unlock it using my thumb on the handle it unlocks instantly. When I lock it in the same way it takes about 2 seconds to lock. Is this usual/ does it do some calibration or check hence the slight delay?

How do you unlock it with the thumb? Unlocking need to be done by grabbing the handle, because the unlock sensor is on the inside of the handle.

The locking is performed by putting your thumb on the square part of the rear of the handle.
Mine locks instantly.

Geordiesteve Dec 6th, 2019 19:20

Well I grip the hendle when locking / unlocking and while it unlocks instantly it takes a couple of seconds to lock, which is fine but it's definitely not as instant

volvo s60 2001 Dec 6th, 2019 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geordiesteve (Post 2578559)
Well I grip the hendle when locking / unlocking and while it unlocks instantly it takes a couple of seconds to lock, which is fine but it's definitely not as instant

From the owner's manual :

NOTE

It is important that only one touch-sensitive surface is activated at a time. Gripping the handle while touching the lock surface risks giving double commands. This means that the requested activity (locking/unlocking) will not be executed, or will be executed with a delay.

sk546 Dec 6th, 2019 19:31

Mine doesn't lock instantly either, you have to hold your finger on the lock pad for a second or 2 before it decides to lock but for me that's a good thing as other cars I've owned with keyless entry, you can end up inadvertently locking the car when brushing past/against the pad. At least this way, it will only lock when you mean it to lock.

cassell Dec 6th, 2019 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geordiesteve (Post 2578559)

Don't grip the handle to lock, just touch the square indent, you are effectively triggering two different sensors if you grip it.

Locking is usually instant and the sensor is very sensitive, as an example if you are washing the car with a hosepipe and the keys are in your pocket, just the slightest jet of water will lock the car!

nu11eaf Dec 6th, 2019 19:50

No delay on mine when locking, as mentioned above do not put your hand in the handle when locking just touch the lock sensor on outside of handle with finger tip.
Tip: Avoid putting your fob in the same pocket as your phone as the phone can block the signal from the fob.

MOzS90 Dec 6th, 2019 20:58

No delay at all with mine.

Geordiesteve Dec 7th, 2019 11:40

Since I've moved to Volvo a week ago I've had great advice so thanks all.
I think it's been the way I have been operating the lock function.
Been using it with the tag since last night and only using index finger to lick and its now locking straight away.

Thanks guys!!