Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC60 Order options options options (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285119)

macklij Aug 10th, 2018 13:29

XC60 Order options options options

I am just researching, preparing to purchase an XC60 in the next few days. I have got most of it worked out - it will probably be an T5 Inscription (mainly for the seat comfort (though a £4k price hike over Momentum for that and little else of value to me is a lot) with a couple of packs (Xenium, Intellisafe) and a few options, which will include air suspension, 4 zone climate and heated rear seats.

I am debating on a couple of other options though, and would be grateful for comments from anyone with experience of:

1. Harmon/Kardon audio upgrade. This is new for MY2019 so their isn't much feedback yet. I like my audio to be refined and would love the B&W but can't justify it. I definitely dont wan't a bass heavy boom-box on wheels, I wan't a more hi-fi audio sound. Can anybody whose heard the H/K offer any insight?

2. The Polestar pack. It doesn't do much to the numbers, but how much does it actually improve the driving experience?

Thanks in advance.

Goodshot Aug 10th, 2018 14:07

Make sure you test drive the seats you want in a car with with similar spec and wheel size/suspension - just to make sure.

macklij Aug 10th, 2018 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodshot (Post 2435810)
Make sure you test drive the seats you want in a car with with similar spec and wheel size/suspension - just to make sure.

Thanks for this - appreciated. It's difficult to find examples of the car you want, let alone test drive one... I ended up looking at an Inscription when down in Exeter. Here in London/Kent all I can find are R-Designs and Momentums.

BTW, I see you have ordered the Inscription Pro. It was the wheel size that worried me about the Pro - not only because of comfort but my inability to keep them scrape free! But it will probably have better residuals than an Inscription with many options.

Crockers Aug 10th, 2018 14:49

Have to admit id prefer the Inscription Pro on 19" wheels. Oh well we'll have to wait and see.

macklij Aug 10th, 2018 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crockers (Post 2435831)
On Order XC60'Inscription Pro. Mussel Blue with blonde. Xenium, int pro, towbar, 4 zone , polestar, fancy pack T5

Precisely that. BTW, what's a fancy pack?

Fursty Ferret Aug 10th, 2018 15:12

I have Harmon Kardon in my 2015 V60. Not particularly impressed; speakers are muffled and rattle at medium volume. Gone for standard in the replacement car.

macklij Aug 10th, 2018 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret (Post 2435839)
I have Harmon Kardon in my 2015 V60. Not particularly impressed; speakers are muffled and rattle at medium volume. Gone for standard in the replacement car.

Thanks. That is a concern then. I am changing from my old V50 T5 which I have had since new. It has 'Premium sound' which has been good. But for £835 I want better :)

nu11eaf Aug 10th, 2018 15:51

Dont waste your money on upgraded audio, the standard audio is more than good enough for any car, in fact it is a really good system.
I have had a loan car with the upgraded audio and was not impressed at all considering it was then a £3000 optional extra.
I honestly did not think it was better than my standard system, at least not for what I use a radio for, mainly a bit of background noise. Listening to FM radio. I think my standard system is fantastic. It drowns out the tyre/road noise with great effect. (XC90 inscription)

MaDProFF Aug 10th, 2018 16:43

I have the upgraded HK system, (not to be confused with the B&W that is £3.5k) I don't have any issues. sounds pretty good.
(I don't have nothing to compare it to either though from the other options in a XC60) it is certainly not a muffled sounding no rattling speakers, if speakers rattle normally means cones or drivers broken.

I intend to add Polestar, not too sure it available yet for MY19

ah394 Aug 10th, 2018 16:53

I have the H & K sound system in my XC60 and I find it very impressive.
Before I ordered my XC60 I had a test drive in one with the standard system, which seemed OK but nothing to shout about.
Just as I was ordering mine they bought out the H & K option so I took a punt and ordered it. Did not regret that, it seems to pack quite a punch yet gives the more subtle music passages good clarity. Definitely worth the money in my view.