Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Loss of radio volume C70 T5 >2006 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250216)

0006Andy May 17th, 2016 12:18

Loss of radio volume C70 T5 >2006

I still have the display and tuner works but not hearing anything through the speakers. How can I establish whether it is the radio unit in the dash or the Amp I the Boot?

I have reversing sensors fitted by the dealer when new, this beeps as it should. does this use the amp or is it separate speakers?

Spoken with Central services who do radio repairs and they say that they cannot test volume function on their workbench, it can only be done with the car, is this correct?

If cannot be fixed, I will need to consider an aftermarket radio, but need to establish whether it is the radio or the amp.

Thanks in advance for any hints tips and information.

For your information, The unit I have is a 6 cd multichanger model number:
34W466M/DZ-6CDIAM.

If I need to purchase an aftermarket radio, any pointers would be very helpful as this would have to integrate into MOST

GordonPS May 18th, 2016 09:29

No radio volume

I have a C70 06 reg and every now and again, if i turn off the engine after it has only been on a short time, with the radio on, the next time i start the car, there is no volume and cd player says paused. it starts working after engine is on and then off for an hour or two

Diego67 May 18th, 2016 19:22

I have this to on my v50 sometimes when I turn on there's no volume just get a one buzz noise then nothing!! if I turn the ignition off and on again it works bit bizarre but that works for me !

0006Andy May 19th, 2016 12:13

now nothing is working.
I have no radio in any respect.
I still have the display for climate control etc, but no power to the radio.
It just flashes up "high performance" and disappears again.

just spoken to well established aftermarket firm in Bristol, and they have said there are no aftermarket options for Volvo c70 !

Feel like I'm held over a barrel with this problem and may be forced to buy expensive Volvo replacement or go without a radio altogether.

Really frustrated

paddyred May 19th, 2016 21:50

Well to start the dealer is wrong about the sound system. The C70 had radio options:

high Performance priced at £553.19+VAT
Dynaudio premium priced at £1489.36+VAT

Does your system Beep before cutting out? I've seen this issue before when the alternator was chucking out too much voltage and triggering the over voltage protection. Does it work with no engine running?

iainmd May 21st, 2016 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyred (Post 2112600)
Well to start the dealer is wrong about the sound system. The C70 had radio options:

It wasn't the dealer that told the op that. An aftermarket radio shop told him there were no aftermarket options.

By the sound of your issue I think it'll be a dealer and sadly not likely to be a cheap fix. You can but hope though.

paddyred May 21st, 2016 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by iainmd (Post 2113245)
It wasn't the dealer that told the op that. An aftermarket radio shop told him there were no aftermarket options.

By the sound of your issue I think it'll be a dealer and sadly not likely to be a cheap fix. You can but hope though.

Misread it! *Facepalm*