Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   DVD Region Unlock for XC60 In-Dash DVD (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=128175)

jmills01 Jun 28th, 2011 15:33

DVD Region Unlock for XC60 In-Dash DVD

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a MY 11 UK Spec XC60 D5 AWD R-Design with the Premium Multimedia Sound System. This includes an in-dash DVD player. However, it's region-locked to the UK region but many of my DVDs are US/Canada so I need to unlock it.

I've been able to do this for the RSE DVDs in the back, but can't find out how for the front.

Does anybody know either how to do this, or at least how to find the make and model of the DVD player so I can look up the process elsewhere?

Many thanks

jackitlz Jul 29th, 2011 14:25

I am wishing to find the same information

I don't see any replies here, but I was curious to know if you were able to find a solution for this elsewhere?

jmills01 Jul 31st, 2011 08:35

Hello

No, unfortunately I'm still searching for a solution. I've posted on various forums without success and I took it into my dealer who apparently spoke to the technical folk at Daventry (?) and were told it "cannot be done". I'm not 100% convinced about that - I doubt Volvo ship a physically different unit for each region, much more likely they'd be able to set it.

So, if you have any bright ideas on this I'd love to hear of them.

(Still, having a DVD player in the front is quite useful when, as we were the other day, you're stuck on the Motorway behind an accident for an hour, even if the choice of movies was limited due to the region issue).

Thanks.

dj898 Aug 5th, 2011 05:13

jmills01/ How did you able to unlock RSE DVD players? When I have ours I sat down with the mehanic and only zones that we could see were usual 1, 2, etc. not 0 which would've been the multi-zone/free-zone.

For odd occasion I simply rip/copy the DVD as region free and play DVD+R on the RSE though I much prefer to be able to play natively... ^ ^

TIA

jmills01 Aug 8th, 2011 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj898 (Post 959847)
jmills01/ How did you able to unlock RSE DVD players? When I have ours I sat down with the mehanic and only zones that we could see were usual 1, 2, etc. not 0 which would've been the multi-zone/free-zone.

For odd occasion I simply rip/copy the DVD as region free and play DVD+R on the RSE though I much prefer to be able to play natively... ^ ^

TIA

1. Make sure the source selected is DVD
2. Eject any DVD from the player
3. Select "Driver" or "Passenger" to control the player you're unlocking
4. Enter "7 7 7" on the remote
5. Press the PLAY button on the remote
6. You should now get a menu showing the current region code and the Region Change counter.
7. Pres "ENT" and then use the < and > keys to select region 0 (region free)
8. Press the STOP key to save and exit.

That worked fine for me.

If the region change counter gets to 5 you can't change it again, but that, too can be reset. If you have that issue, do steps 1-5 as above, then enter "1 3 6 9" on the remote. Then exit the menu. That should reset the RC counter to 0.

You obviously need to do the above twice, once for each player.

Hope this helps. If not, I'm stumped.

dj898 Oct 6th, 2011 23:36

+1

thanks! finally got around to do it and worked like charm.
Now kids are enjoying the DVD we bought while we were in Japan. ^ ^
(Still the interences through the AUX inpit though)

christopherhwwong Mar 1st, 2012 05:14

Hi. I am in the midst of ordering the RSE from USA (DVD Region 1) and my XC60 is in Malaysia (DVD Region 3). I know this may sound a bit stupid but once you reset your RSE DVD PLayers to Region 0 (All Regions), do you need to reset it again each time you play a DVD, regardless of which region it's from? I am asking this as it has been mentioned there's a 5x limit to changing the Region codes, so I am wondering why one needs to change the Region code again once it has been set to Region 0. Appreciate an insight from you guys. Thanks :)

jmills01 Mar 1st, 2012 08:47

No, the change is a one time deal - after you've done it any disc will play without further interventions.

Enjoy.

christopherhwwong Mar 1st, 2012 18:21

Many thanks Jmills :)

Andrejurse Jun 11th, 2012 22:04

Video In Motion

Hello Everybody,

As a Volvo fan from a long time ago, finally I bought my it´s a XC60 T6 R and the dealer schedule the delivery to this thursday.
Since last last week I´m reading all the posts to take as information as possible about how to enjoy the car and what could be a problem.
I have one question about the Video In Motion and I think I read somewhere else about it how to unlock this feature but I can´t find now where it is.
I know we can assemble an interface to unlock it but I would like to know if it´s possible to unlock the unit just updating the software like I did in my VW´s.
Sooner I take the car I would like to post some pictures.

Regards