Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Volvo XC60 II 2018 D4 AWD oil change (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=338299)

thejakubhruby Feb 22nd, 2024 08:12

Volvo XC60 II 2018 D4 AWD oil change

Hello, I'm sure it was covered before, but I cant seem to find this. I'm going to do my first own oil change on Volvo XC60 II 2018 D4 AWD.
I wanted to ask how much is the correct amount of oil after an oil change with oil filter change? I dont want to overfill it. Thank you!

h00ligann1 Feb 22nd, 2024 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejakubhruby (Post 2937331)
Hello, I'm sure it was covered before, but I cant seem to find this. I'm going to do my first own oil change on Volvo XC60 II 2018 D4 AWD.
I wanted to ask how much is the correct amount of oil after an oil change with oil filter change? I dont want to overfill it. Thank you!

Engine oil 5.2l

rmvm Feb 22nd, 2024 09:56

Be careful not to overfill, Volvo I believe sent a directive out to all Volvo dealers to slightly reduce the amount of oil put in after an oil change, the reduced amount was to cater for short hop journeys that would result in the DPF not operating properly thus there would be an increase in fluid level in the engine which would show itself as a warning on the display of "engine oil service required" my advice would be to speak to your local Volvo dealer for the correct amount to put back after an oil change and filter

GrahamBrown1 Feb 22nd, 2024 10:22

I would fill it with 5 litres. Drive it to allow the oil level to update, usually 20 miles or so and then top up if required.

thejakubhruby Feb 22nd, 2024 18:40

Ok, thank you all! I have written to my local dealer and they replied that the correct amount of oil is 5.2 litres. So I will try a bit less and top up if needed, since now I have oil overfill warning.

Clan Feb 22nd, 2024 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejakubhruby (Post 2937331)

Use exactly 5 litres , but you have to reset the oil level gauge too, It is part of the service. It will then report back the true level after 20 miles. The gauge may say to add 200 ml after but after doing the above never had a problem on my brother's the last 4 services of doing the same. its far easier to add more than remove any ! But you should be ok.

thejakubhruby Feb 23rd, 2024 06:53

Okay I will do it as you say. Am I possible to reset oil level without any diagnostics? I dont have any for Volvo. Thanks!

Clan Feb 23rd, 2024 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejakubhruby (Post 2937510)
Okay I will do it as you say. Am I possible to reset oil level without any diagnostics? I dont have any for Volvo. Thanks!

The dealer does the oil level reset at the service with the Volvo VIDA diagnostic tool. See how you get on ,the important thing its to get 5 litres of oil in. After 20 miles the level gauge might read correctly anyway.