Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Trying to locate my fathers old P1800S (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=181294)

Alf ista Jul 28th, 2013 23:36

I would think its too long ago for the ad to still be around. Giving Simon a ring is a good idea though, worth a shot.

w3st05 Jul 30th, 2013 19:08

Spoke to Simon, knows names of people and not really the cars, gave me a few names of people to speak to but no luck so far.

Think it just a case now of waiting a hoping it turns up one day. I think half of Ireland know about it now :)

Thanks everybody for your help so far.

123GT-AMAZON Jul 30th, 2013 19:46

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1800necwinner (Post 1453683)
dad has just bought another P1800 S today and that is a very rare light blue and at a quick glance it looks like that perl white which shimmers not seen another one in the flesh , like that color before very nice but you kinda have to get so close to it to make out the color hehe but defo a hint of blue

here is a photo to show the blue color difference with two cars side by side ;)

w3st05 Aug 5th, 2013 18:57

Just an update. Had a lead that it may have been seen in Dublin but unfortunately it looks like a dead end :(

The search continues

Alf ista Aug 6th, 2013 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by w3st05 (Post 1461946)
Just an update. Had a lead that it may have been seen in Dublin but unfortunately it looks like a dead end :(

The search continues

Keep at it. Even today I was in a garage and a lovely 67 P1800 pulled in. It was white on Minilites. Very nice it was. It was a Cork reg too, but I had never seen it before.

mountain Aug 6th, 2013 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf ista (Post 1462173)
Keep at it. Even today I was in a garage and a lovely 67 P1800 pulled in. It was white on Minilites. Very nice it was. It was a Cork reg too, but I had never seen it before.

Was that down near Youghal? Met a man last year who if i remember correctly was living near there,

Also there was one in West Cork, that had been rallied, that was about 2 years ago,

Alf ista Aug 6th, 2013 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountain (Post 1462589)
Was that down near Youghal? Met a man last year who if i remember correctly was living near there,

Also there was one in West Cork, that had been rallied, that was about 2 years ago,

Yeah, it was in the Amber station in Youghal. The two had pulled in for 99's! Nice sunny evening it was. Sorry I didnt have the Amazon out, it would have given a good reason for a chat. Lovely car, looked in good solid nick too.

AidanC Aug 8th, 2013 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountain (Post 1462589)

I first came across that one in 2009 - it was still on UK plates at the time. It was seam welded if I remember correctly so should be identifiable even if its been restored.

w3st05 Apr 8th, 2016 10:22

Hi everyone

Been a long time since I started this thread and thought I'd resurrect it just in case.....

Still been keeping an eye out for it but nothing apart from a previous owner getting in touch who sent me some more pictures of the car which was nice to see.

So if you happen to have seen the car in the last few years or know of its whereabouts please get in touch.

Thanks

Martin

mantee78 Apr 8th, 2016 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by w3st05 (Post 2090894)
Hi everyone

Been a long time since I started this thread and thought I'd resurrect it just in case.....

Still been keeping an eye out for it but nothing apart from a previous owner getting in touch who sent me some more pictures of the car which was nice to see.

So if you happen to have seen the car in the last few years or know of its whereabouts please get in touch.

Thanks

Martin

Could you post some pictures of what exactly to look for, starting from its colour to some details' pictures and mention the differences with other models, please.
I'm driving a lot, and I have an eye to spot details, I saw my old cars on the roads few years after I sold them, even with reg plates changed :)

Who knows, some day maybe if not me, someone other will see your car :)