Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   S40 - best and worst features (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=103681)

faffi Aug 31st, 2010 22:02

S40 - best and worst features

What do you consider to be the best feature and also the worst feature of your Volvo S40? And, if you may, why?

stevo83 Aug 31st, 2010 22:10

The best feature of mine has to be the D5 engine. Briiliant power, noise and good economy. The worst feature? You can't put anything in the centre cup holders and change gear without knocking it with your elbow!

fenton_jd Aug 31st, 2010 22:32

Best feature - standard kit
Dual Zone climate control on a base model car?

Worst Feature - fuel gauge (unless its just mine). dont trust it at all.

faffi Aug 31st, 2010 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenton_jd (Post 733020)
Best feature - standard kit
Dual Zone climate control on a base model car?

Not in Norway - the base model has a basic air condition system with manual control and a single zone from what I can gather.

jasonb Sep 1st, 2010 00:35

that annoying double pull door handle to exit and the fact that you need to press the unlock button to unlock the rest of the doors upon exit!

faffi Sep 1st, 2010 06:26

Can't you program your car not to lock the doors automatically once on the move? I think I saw something about it in the manual.

Contemporary Sep 1st, 2010 07:53

Best feature of mine is the (D5) engine with it's power, noise and acceleration and the Geartronic autobox it is attached to :)

Worst feature? The DPF that some pratt at Volvo attached to my D5 engine ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by faffi (Post 733121)
Can't you program your car not to lock the doors automatically once on the move? I think I saw something about it in the manual.

Yes you can turn auto locking off via the display options, or open the doors from the inside with a double pull on the door lever - sop's for many manufacturers today.

Jonnieb2009 Sep 1st, 2010 08:09

Jason

You can switch that feature off in the menu settings.

I only pull on the door handle once and I'm out, turned off the self locking.

Best feature - floating console
Worst feature - the air con comes on all the time the front demister is on - no way of turning this off.
Centre cups area I now have a storage box - for sunglasses etc... as previous this was annoying

:thumbs_up:

faffi Sep 1st, 2010 08:42

The aircon comes on to dry the air and make the front shield go clear quicker. But I too prefer to have control over my vehicle - it can be annoying when the car does things on its own without being asked first ;)

Harvey1512 Sep 1st, 2010 09:53

Best - The seats. Wonderfully comfortable, never to be under estimated. Simple dashboard layout, no confusion of excessive numbers of lit up buttons.

Worst - The boot opening. Great big boot, little biddy opening. It only it were a hatchback.