Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Car's first service (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=273756)

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2017 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milliner (Post 2326898)
No Sensus 2 though, as I discovered after I got back in it. Its been twice now in recent weeks and both times I’ve dropped polite hints about it (not wanting to tell the guy his job). He seems reluctanct to acknowledge it which must mean a) its a bit ropey still, b) they can’t be a***d or, c) if the current one I have it ain’t broke.....

It's Volvo policy that dealers update a car to the latest s/w versions on each visit. Sounds like your dealer isn't complying.

I've heard that dealers aren't too keen on doing big updates as it can take up to 2 hours and during this time the car is occupying a service bay that can't be used for anything else. (Updates aren't done over wifi, the car has to be plugged in.)

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2017 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2326905)
I now wonder if they have solved the problem, as Lexman8 has just stated that his MY17 has been updated?
I had my first service carried out on the 3rd October and was not updated to Sensus 2.

Does this mean you don't have the new Sensus interface? My assumption (and I could be wrong) is that Sensus 2 is being rolled out but minus the checklist.

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2017 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctpurley (Post 2326931)
Did it screw up your CarPlay by any chance?

Sorry, I don't have CarPlay fitted.

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2017 09:43

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KNVXC90 (Post 2326935)
What is the "Water-in-doors issue" issue? Not heard of it.

Both my XC90s have suffered from water getting into the doors and not draining away until the door is opened. It's a poor design in that the drain holes are effectively blocked by the rubber surround to the door frame until the door opens. As some of my doors can remain shut for days at a time I don't like water sitting there; long term it can't be good. The pic shows water draining from the driver's door of my first car. The current car isn't so bad but it still happens.

It must be happening to others unless I've been really unlucky to have two cars which are both affected.
_

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2017 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by familymangreg (Post 2326994)
I pressed the point (including a link to the new Sensus software announcement on the Volvo support site) and the issue was raised with the master tech. They came back a day or two later to let me know a 72 min (whatever that means, takes 72 minutes??!) upgrade was available for the car and we could make arrangements to drop the car in for the update.

I didn't specifically ask for the Sensus update, just assuming it would happen.

The 72 minutes may be how long Volvo specify the update to take. But I've heard it often takes longer and that's why dealers don't like doing it.

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2017 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by familymangreg (Post 2326996)
Lexman, have you noticed any 'hissing' under moderate or hard acceleration since these jobs?

Can't say I have but I'll listen out and report back.

Quote:

I've had the PP pipe replaced previously after noticing I could here the pump when the car was started at idle and a hissing sound from the engine compartment after the engine stopped, so not so sure why they did this recall. Perhaps its a replacement part now rather than a repair or replacement of the same part previously.
The new hose is a modified design so your previous replacement may have been with the old part before the modification?
_

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2017 09:57

Time for a coffee now after all that!

tem Oct 13th, 2017 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2327004)
Does this mean you don't have the new Sensus interface? My assumption (and I could be wrong) is that Sensus 2 is being rolled out but minus the checklist.

Not 100% sure.
I got the May update done and this was to update to the new Home Screen interface, etc.
This update was also to fix Sensus crashing.

Early September, Sensus started to crash again and when the car went in for its service on the 3rd October, it was listed as a warranty check.
On getting the car back, the service sheet states: Carried out software update for Sensus fault.

I am happy with things just now, but wondered about the ‘Pilots Check list’, when you mentioned the Sensus 2 update.

tem.

familymangreg Oct 13th, 2017 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2327017)
Can't say I have but I'll listen out and report back.
The new hose is a modified design so your previous replacement may have been with the old part before the modification?
_

That's what I'm thinking.

:wq

KNVXC90 Oct 13th, 2017 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2327012)
Both my XC90s have suffered from water getting into the doors and not draining away until the door is opened. It's a poor design in that the drain holes are effectively blocked by the rubber surround to the door frame until the door opens. As some of my doors can remain shut for days at a time I don't like water sitting there; long term it can't be good. The pic shows water draining from the driver's door of my first car. The current car isn't so bad but it still happens.

It must be happening to others unless I've been really unlucky to have two cars which are both affected.
_

Wow, that's strange...not seen that with my car.