Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Friends v50 *Please respond to the gumtree ad* (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=294979)

Silver940 May 21st, 2019 21:21

Friends v50 *Please respond to the gumtree ad*

A Friends selling his much loved v50 but it has to go for other projects, heres the link https://www.gumtree.com/p/volvo/volv...ion/1340863090

125,554 miles

"I have for sale my Volvo V50 1.6 Diesel SE LUX Edition, on the inside its got all the kit, Cruise control, Bluetooth radio as standard, aux input, USB input, built in Sat-Nav with 2018-2019 disc in so all recent roads are on there, it has the Volvo high performance sound system which I'm pretty sure was an optional extra for this model, black leather interior.

Exterior it has Japan Racing JR12 Wheels (£700 for the set new), It has a tune from SLT Remapping which boosts the car to make 140Bhp and 320Nm of torque. It has a K&N panel filter, a straight through exhaust from the DPF back (makes a little bit of noise but nothing major just gives a nice little rumble).

This is a very nice example of the V50's and i really hope someone enjoys this car just as much as i have done. My only reason for selling is that i don't do the mileage to warrant having a diesel anymore, so I feel like the car is just going to waste, I have full service history from new most of it being main dealer, was serviced last year at 116,000 miles and the cambelt was changed at 88,000 miles, basically new tyres on the front, new rear brake pads, MOT until September 2019"

Thanks for viewing i hope he sells it as hes not having much luck!

RichT4 May 26th, 2019 07:34

Hi

Just a friendly observation, in order to help him sell the car, it might be worth selling the alloys separately, then placing some standard wheels back on.
Do that along with the removal of the big stickers, and it'll appeal to the bigger market. Including the older generation.

john.wigley May 26th, 2019 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichT4 (Post 2523612)
Hi

Just a friendly observation, in order to help him sell the car, it might be worth selling the alloys separately, then placing some standard wheels back on.
Do that along with the removal of the big stickers, and it'll appeal to the bigger market. Including the older generation.

Good point! As an 'old fogie', were I looking for one of these, I would take one look at this one, think "Boy Racer", and move on. It might be a very nice car, but 'RichT4' is right, it would definitely put me off.

Regards, John.

Welton May 28th, 2019 10:30

The Wheels! :shocked:

It looks a tidy car in white but the Japanese style wheels will put off 98% of enquirers, and lose the stickerage.

I wonder, with diesels, whether you're best not to mention a remap and just let buyers be impressed with the power delivery and go from there....

Derek UK May 28th, 2019 21:12

Pictures taken in the dark are a waste of time. Starbursts don't impress either. I agree with the other comments.
Pics of the interior, engine bay and boot area needed too.

Baxlin May 29th, 2019 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welton (Post 2524286)
The Wheels! :shocked:

It looks a tidy car in white but the Japanese style wheels will put off 98% of enquirers, and lose the stickerage.

I wonder, with diesels, whether you're best not to mention a remap and just let buyers be impressed with the power delivery and go from there....

I agree about being put off by the wheels and stickers, but surely you MUST tell any buyer about any mods such as exhaust, remap, etc for their insurance purposes, as the ad does, but only in the prose description, in the 'engine power' bit it says a very specific 112.6 bhp...

Sorry to be a tad negative, but I think only 4 months' MOT isn’t a real selling point either, why not put a new one on if he’s that confident of the car.

FunkyMelon May 29th, 2019 10:46

I'd put it back to 100% standard, you'd have far more success, get rid of the ghasty stickers, put the standard exhaust system back on (if you have it still) and sell the wheels on a Japanese car forum etc.

It's a nice car without the 'mods'.