Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Electrics: Window reset (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=159949)

gmonag Aug 13th, 2012 16:55

Window reset

Thought I would share this little success.

My driver's window would not stay shut when auto-closing (one touch on the switch). However holding the switch for a couple of seconds after the window shut would keep the glass closed. This is annoying so I managed a reset. Some of the suggestions on this forum are not quite clear enough so this is what I did:

1. Key in ignition to position II
2. Close both driver and passenger windows using the driver door switches together and hold them for 5-8 sec after closing.
3. Then whilst holding the switches closed, turn off the ignition and remove the key.
4. Use the remote to lock/unlock/lock/unlock.

Worked for me!

Greg

copperknob Aug 13th, 2012 20:54

heres the volvo way to reset your windows front and rear.

put window to lowest point and hold button in down position for 10 seconds the put it in the up position and hold button up for 10 seconds this is called initialisation

cheers

400-ascona Aug 13th, 2012 20:55

Didn't work for me:stormy:

400-ascona Aug 13th, 2012 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by copperknob (Post 1226279)
heres the volvo way to reset your windows front and rear.

put window to lowest point and hold button in down position for 10 seconds the put it in the up position and hold button up for 10 seconds this is called initialisation

cheers

And neither unfortunately did this!

Rob

Marmitespreader Aug 13th, 2012 21:09

Try this:

1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.

2. Install fuse back into position.

3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position.

4. Verify window is now working properly.

5. If this procedure does not work, a scan tool that can access the Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) will be needed.
--------
The auto up or down function will be engaged if the button is pulled to the second step. The first step is for manual operation. This procedure can be used for driver and passenger windows.

1. Ignition on pos.II
2. With fingers on the fuse puller on fuse#5 (LH door module) initiated Auto-up driver's window with LH door module button.
3. As soon as window reached top (and before it started to auto-down) pull the fuse.
4. Turned off ignition, and waited 30 seconds.
5. Replaced fuse.
6. Ignition back to pos.II.
7. Tried auto-down, did not work, only manual down worked, used manual down to get window all the way down.
8. Tried auto-up, did not work.
9. Got window to top with manual up.
10. Tried auto-down, worked!
11. Tried auto-up, WORKED!

This may also be required:
After step #9, hold the window switch up for 10 seconds before letting go. After completing this step, auto up/down worked but prior to holding the switch up, the auto up/down did not work.

donturkone Jan 28th, 2013 04:49

I did this procedure but the fuses are nr 5 for driver door and nr 6 for passenger door... works perfectly now!!!

donturkone Jan 28th, 2013 05:08

I did this procedure but the fuses are nr 5 for driver door and nr 6 for passenger door... works perfectly now!!!

Philim Aug 25th, 2015 19:52

Power window malfunction

Found this on another forum and worked great. Philip

"Every time your battery goes dead the auto windows need to be reprogrammed. It's easy to do. With the ignition on raise the window button up for one second, then release, then pull up on it against for one more second. This information is in your owners manual its on page 101."

DavidAAW Oct 27th, 2015 12:00

Window reset

My thanks to GMONAG. I used your suggestion and it worked for me too.
Excellent!

XCF Apr 23rd, 2016 19:55

1st advice from Marmitespreader worked on 2010 XC90 - though fuse is number 5 for drivers side (RH) door.