Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   940 Estate (B230FT) - Breaking (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=179233)

lovlo Apr 29th, 2013 11:25

940 Estate (B230FT) - Breaking

3 Attachment(s)
Hello all.

Unfortunately the time has come to break my 940 estate (unless someone is brave enough to want to fix it). I bought it from this forum a few months back, as a spares and repair car and spent £100 getting it through the MOT. However a recent long journey proved to be its undoing, with a loss of power, white smoke from the exhaust and a loss of coolant.

The black plugs seemed to indicate it was running rich, and I couldn't see any sign of head gasket failure, the radiator has a leak and one of the exhaust clamps needs replacing.

Apart from the seats (which I plan on keeping unless someone can tempt me otherwise!) everything is up for grabs. The car is parked in the street so this may limit what I can scavenge, but I'll try to accommodate any requests. You can pick up parts or I can post them out (subject to postage).

Thanks.

ETA: The car also has a dog guard and a Galaxy spare wheel.

rogerthechorister Apr 29th, 2013 12:20

Galaxy?

Are you sure you mean Galaxy? The wheels on the car are Pholus. She looks much to good to break but I accept that getting a garage to do the H/G will be a few hundred squid.

Have you tried the fantastic K-seal (must be genuine K-Seal - although there is a new product getting publicity called Steel Seal: I have not tried the latter but K-seal used as directed is close to magical)

lovlo Apr 29th, 2013 12:33

The spare is a different design to the others! RE: head gasket - I'm not sure it is the heads, and if it is there could be other damage as well that could make doing the head very time-consuming, not to mention money-consuming!

wooble Apr 29th, 2013 12:39

how much are you looking for for the spare galaxy, and what's the tyre on it like? I'm not too far outside London, so pick-up should be fine.

barkster1971 Apr 29th, 2013 12:51

reg

Surely someone would want a number plate with 940 in it!

lovlo Apr 29th, 2013 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkster1971 (Post 1406029)
Surely someone would want a number plate with 940 in it!

I hadn't noticed that! If someone wants it, maybe something can be arranged. :D

red baron Apr 29th, 2013 13:14

how much for the grill good fellow?

popuptoaster Apr 29th, 2013 13:20

Has it got the external temp display?

FossilFish Apr 29th, 2013 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooble (Post 1406025)
how much are you looking for for the spare galaxy, and what's the tyre on it like? I'm not too far outside London, so pick-up should be fine.

If wobble passes on this, I would be interested in the spare, do you have a figure in mind.

How is the turbo!

lee4391 Apr 29th, 2013 18:49

Hello mate,

Did you get my personal message about the shocks and springs?

I had it written out on my phone but cannot remember if i actually hit send or not -_-.

Cheers lee.