Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   SRS urgent codes (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=276891)

Benjie1987 Oct 27th, 2018 22:42

Ironhead1975

Ironhead1975 did you ever get to the bottom of your SRS problem? As I’m having the same problem. Cheers.

Benjie1987 Oct 27th, 2018 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRONHEAD1975 (Post 2380321)
Well my fix was short lived I have the light srs urgent back on after this mornings frost mmm does anyone know if a weak battery could trigger off the warning

Hi did you ever get to the bottom of your SRS problem? As I’m having the same problem. Cheers.

IRONHEAD1975 Nov 12th, 2018 22:28

Yes I replaced the battery and all is good save yourself a few quid by not sending it for repair twice and buy a new battery

tacowagon Jul 4th, 2020 11:43

Same Situation, Will Post Results

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRONHEAD1975 (Post 2466239)
Yes I replaced the battery and all is good save yourself a few quid by not sending it for repair twice and buy a new battery

Thanks for this update. I have the same situation:

'07 C30 D5

1. SRS warning due to a bottle of water leaking down the centre console.
2. iCarsoft VOL V2.0 tool showed an error of CFFF State: None Control module, internal fault.
3. Removed the console, disconnected battery, sent the SRS module to crashdata.
4. Problem was solved!
5. 4 months later: Car has intermittently had low battery warning light. Due to 2020 coronavirus lockdown car has mostly sat, but has been started weekly. Battery has never died/needed a jumpstart.

I'll try just replacing the battery and report if that resolves the issue.

compaq1024 Jul 6th, 2020 16:54

For future reference:

I had an SRS Airbag error warning pop up along with brake failure message then dash completely shutting down - not even a speedo. After this happened a few times I went to an auto mechanic who charged me £75 to say

"Yeah its f***ed and not worth the cost trying to diagnose it, but as its an 09' car, nothing is linked so if it happens again it'll drive fine"

I took out the CEM unit in the passenger footwell, cleaned it with contact cleaner, and now no more issues. Must have been a dodgy/corroded connection.

Shnmat Aug 5th, 2020 11:24

I have this issue at the moment, I replaced my battery and then the SRS warning came on. Was told that I need a module. Hearing lots of stories about the car battery failing or alternator failing which triggers the fault on the SRS module.

tacowagon Sep 19th, 2020 09:09

New battery did not fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacowagon (Post 2644539)
Thanks for this update. I have the same situation:

'07 C30 D5

1. SRS warning due to a bottle of water leaking down the centre console.
2. iCarsoft VOL V2.0 tool showed an error of CFFF State: None Control module, internal fault.
3. Removed the console, disconnected battery, sent the SRS module to crashdata.
4. Problem was solved!
5. 4 months later: Car has intermittently had low battery warning light. Due to 2020 coronavirus lockdown car has mostly sat, but has been started weekly. Battery has never died/needed a jumpstart.

I'll try just replacing the battery and report if that resolves the issue.

New battery did not fix problem. SRS light persists. Will be removing and sending airbag module again.

Classman Jan 12th, 2021 11:07

SRS Module...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petey80 (Post 2380322)
Sorry to hear that, I would have thought crashdata would've done a good job.

A weak battery can cause all sorts of issues from what I've read/heard.

Yupo...a Low Battery plays havoc for some reason with the SRS MODULE..also Jump starting ........read my answer today to another guy...cost me £35 all in to fix.