Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   V70: ABS TRACS and error code P1550 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=112341)

deathrider311271 Dec 27th, 2010 18:19

ABS TRACS and error code P1550

hi all

here we go again more problems, my ABS/TRACS problem started about a week ago, first symptom was high pitched squeel from rear brakes then yesterday while sat waiting to pick the MRS up from work, engine running in neutral with handbrake on so car wasnt moving got the sound as if ABS/TRACS was operating did this 5 times then nothing no lights light up, went to work this morning all fine, got back into the car we decided to call in at KFC to get our tea when all of a sudden the ABS, TRACS and ETS light all light up at the same time, got home no issues pulled the codes and only code in pending was P1550 "charge pressure deviation" no codes for ABS/TRACS altho i dont think my scanner reads these systems.

I have read the post about repairing the ABS/TRACS unit

HELP

cheers

Simon

Chris_Rogers Dec 27th, 2010 20:40

P1xxx codes are manufacturer specific.

P1550 for your car means, speed signal missing at the engine ECU.

The speed signal comes from the ABS unit which is faulty.

Have a search for DIY ABS module repairs on this forum.

deathrider311271 Dec 27th, 2010 21:30

hi chris

thanks for the reply, been reading up on this problem for the last 3 hours, one question tho where the hell do u get a E5 Torx from?

i was hoping to have a go at this tomorrow, got every other tool except this one which only seems to be available online or from machine mart in a set which i dont want or need lol

cheers

simon

Chris_Rogers Dec 27th, 2010 22:41

I got one in a cheap set (£15) from screwfix, sorry I don't know where you can buy a single one off the shelf. Halfords do a set but it starts at E6.

Toplights Dec 27th, 2010 23:05

Try here.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/S12151-SIGNET-...item4834eecab9

deathrider311271 Dec 27th, 2010 23:31

thanks toplights:thumbs_up:

going to try screwfix tomorrow see if they got the cheap sets in chris got first before ordering off ebay

deathrider311271 Jan 15th, 2011 18:04

update to this one:

ok decided to try and fix the ECU, soldered everything in sight as the insides to mine are completly different to any pics i can find, took my time doing every single solder i could find, looked good, put it all back together back on car, reset codes and went for a little drive. Did its little click thing bloody ABS and TRACS light came back on. Turned car off reset codes (still getting P1550) started her up no lights, i thought sorted, no such luck hear the click bloody lights come back on.

Return home check all the solders again, all look fine even with a magnifying glass.

Still got code P1550 and lights still on, what do i do next????

any help appreciated

cheers

simon

Toplights Jan 15th, 2011 21:07

Simon,When I had tracs come on,,it was the rear shoe linings separating from the carriers.Check out the brake sensors on each wheel.Is your hand brake at the top of its travel?. How are you'r break pads,are they getting low?.If you'r brakes are not working properly and the brakes are unbalanced, the wheel sensors can pick up on it,causing ABS light to come on.Check out the simple things first.Hope you sort it soon.

deathrider311271 Jan 15th, 2011 21:27

thanks toplights anything is worth checking :thumbs_up:

deathrider311271 Jan 21st, 2011 19:02

Further to this i have picked up a known good ABS ECU and fitted it today, however, still got the ABS/TRACS Brake system falure lights on the dash as well as the engine light with code PO1550 still.

However when i start the car and set off i can hear it do a brake test but the TRACS goes mad but it only seems to be from 1 wheel the front passenger side.

would this indicate the sensor on this wheel is faulty? or could it actually be the pump at fault?

cheers

simon