Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wipers not parking as they should! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295119)

rustytoba May 26th, 2019 17:10

Wipers not parking as they should!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

While Greta has been prepared for MOT I noticed that the wipers stopped, I did the usual, fuses etc, turned out to be corrosion around the earth contact on the motor.

Once cleaned it worked as expected only a ten minute job.

However now the wipers park in the wrong place but I never even stripped the motor down. The wipers make a complete sweep as they should but they seem to park too high.

Has anyone any ideas?

Scott

loki_the_glt May 26th, 2019 17:46

Do they land parallel to the bottom of the windscreen on the down-stroke, i.e. where they should park?

If so it might be that the self-park mechanism has "gone on holiday" and will need to be re-set. As I'm at work I can't check the manual to find out how it's done but there is probably a thread that describes the process.

rustytoba May 26th, 2019 18:27

Cheers loki_the_glt,

Yeah they wipe all the way from the scuttle to 'A' pillar so will search on hear for park adjustment.

Many thanks.

Scott

rustytoba May 27th, 2019 18:39

Slow, Slow, Quick where did intermitant go?

4 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

Thought I would open up the cover to see what's going on in the gearbox, someone out here may notice something wrong.

As you may or not see from the expertly take pictures the wipers park the cam opening the points as it should but the wipers are too high, with the wipers where they should be the cam is way off.

When I switch the wipers on again the sweep will complete to the scuttle then complete another sweep and so on.

Could the gear wheel have cam loose?

Any ideas?

Also I now have no intermittent wipers just two slow speeds and a fast, well at least they wipe its better than nothing.

Scott

honestjoe May 28th, 2019 07:11

Hi Scott..mine do this sometimes..so it does sound as if the parking mechanism as said before has failed..not sure if it can be serviced...When it happens to me i put on intermittent for one cycle and they park as normal?..regards hj.

honestjoe May 29th, 2019 08:10

Hi scott i"ve just seen you post about no intermittent wipers..sorry about my unhelpful reply..I wonder if those contacts can be cleaned?..hj.

rustytoba May 29th, 2019 12:37

Good idea, I'll also need to find the relay that could be on the way out or maybe a loose connection or two.

Scott

66Lover Jun 2nd, 2019 19:42

I've had similar issues and just swapped in other 2nd hand motors with varying results.
My current ones also park too high, but only a few cm so not bothered with it.

Is it possible to adjust the park? Presumanly something has gone wrong.