Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   New Map Update Available. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295664)

tem Jun 12th, 2019 15:56

New Map Update Available.

Published: 12/06/2019
Download: 49.1GB
Version: 1260

tem.

Snoodini Jun 12th, 2019 16:09

Am I missing something? it seems every time there is a new map, someone here posts that there is a new map. Don't your cars tell you there is a new software update?

Size also depends on which maps you have installed.

Lexman8 Jun 12th, 2019 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoodini (Post 2528101)
Don't your cars tell you there is a new software update?

Only occasionally and certainly not as often as they are pushed out.

James77 Jun 12th, 2019 19:59

Heck not another one what a waste of time!:rolleyes:

tem Jun 12th, 2019 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by James77 (Post 2528211)
Heck not another one what a waste of time!:rolleyes:

I think it is now 2.5 months, since the last update.
Anyone planning to drive in Europe this summer, may consider it worthwhile updating.

tem.

DangerMUK Jun 12th, 2019 23:53

They really are knocking these out! Back to the downloading I guess !!

MOzS90 Jun 13th, 2019 07:16

I don’t have an issue with it. Road constantly change and your map updates are very easy to download and install, always work and more importantly are included and free.

It’s nice Volvo continue to look after customers like this after purchase.

M90GJB Jun 13th, 2019 09:09

Anyone who moans about updates is the sort who used to drive around with map books in the car they are driving anything up to 10 years out off date the updates are FREE except for a bit of time.

nu11eaf Jun 13th, 2019 10:12

Those who think its too much bother or too often need not do anything just carry on regardless, I cant see why some people moan that Volvo continue to provide this regular free service.

Remember that there are millions of roads in Europe and the rest of the world covered by the navigation system and there must be constantly adding new roads or alterations/corrections and then there are speed camera updates as well

On my MK 1 XC90 you had to buy new DVD disc updates which where hundreds of pounds to update, so obviously not many people bothered after the first few free ones. Lots of second hand cars with out of date satnav data. Volvo should now be congratulated for making these regular updates free not moaned at. If you dont want them just ignor them but please don't moan.

ukden Jun 13th, 2019 10:25

Downloaded the update yesterday, 49 Gb for the whole of Europe. Going to plug the memory stick into the car today, it will take a little while to update.

The time and effort is worth it for me, I am driving to Portugal next week, no reason not to have the latest map. Three destinations in Spain and one in Portugal already sent to the car from the VOC app on my phone.

Ready to go.