Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   PCH v PCP (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289496)

theminch Dec 9th, 2018 22:17

PCH v PCP

Do dealers get more commission from a PCP sale rather than a Volvo PCH sale...

HDAV Dec 9th, 2018 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by theminch (Post 2474310)

I think they do, on PCH they only get the reg fee only,no profit as the lease company deal with Volvo direct, on a PCP they get the profit too I think.

That’s what I understood from conversations I had when looking for mine and weighing up leasing vs buying

Crockers Dec 9th, 2018 23:11

Also must depend on interest rate.

AirCooled Dec 11th, 2018 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by theminch (Post 2474310)

Most definitely yes!

Visited my local Volvo dealer back in October to look at the V90, the sales guy was all over me then asked how I wanted to fund it, how his face dropped when I told him PCH, he completely lost interest. Said he'd offer me a coffee but I'd have to pay for it LOL. Chatting further he told me that for PCH the dealership gets credited with an additional sales unit but his commission would be "around 50 quid". I asked for a test drive, he said he'd call to arrange it, he never called. Strangely the dealership website advertises PCH, why bother?

I should have told him I wanted a 4 year PCP with £100 deposit, gap insurance, paint protection, and pay up front servicing. Would probably have got a free coffee, biscuit and a test drive :teeth_smile:

Same story when my wife got a Nissan on PCH from a dealer, it was like we'd walked in with sh*t on our shoes. Got a free coffee though.

techwatcher Dec 11th, 2018 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirCooled (Post 2474827)
Strangely the dealership website advertises PCH, why bother?

You answered that one yourself elsewhere in your post - it's because the dealership gets credited with a sales unit.

That sounds like an awful experience. It shouldn't matter whether you're paying cash, PCP, PCH or in buttons, the sales experience should be consistent. The salesman should understand that he works for the dealership and an extra sale, however it is financed, will help keep the dealership in business and will help keep him a job.

I would have been having words with the Sales Manager...

AirCooled Dec 11th, 2018 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by techwatcher (Post 2474836)
You answered that one yourself elsewhere in your post - it's because the dealership gets credited with a sales unit.

You're right of course. I think what I meant was, if you're actively advertising PCH then you need to suck it up and smile when someone walks through the door asking for it. Ironically they were very competitve on price and I would have ordered on the spot if I'd had a decent customer experience. So now I've ordered through a broker and I won't be going back there for servicing.

theminch Dec 11th, 2018 19:33

This is the attitude that I also received, hence the question. As soon as I mentioned PCH the attitude changed and I was looked down upon.

volvocamper Dec 11th, 2018 20:34

This time last year I was in discussion with 2 local dealers re PCH for my XC90 and have to say I had a great experience with both.. and the car was delivered in March this year.
Did PCH on wife’s Mazda last summer and had no issues with the local Mazda dealer either. Hadn’t even thought about it until i read this post.
My experience is PCH is lower cost but difficult (expensive) to get out of if you change your mind mid term so spec and choose the car carefully. PCH is easier to escape from. Just my findings after using PCH and PCP for several vehicles now.

Parky12 Dec 12th, 2018 21:57

Clive Brook Dealership here just treat it as any ordinary sale, though I didn't need to be sold the brand. I only asked for a match of another dealers PCH advert without a test drive as my first lease was an XC60

steadvex Dec 12th, 2018 22:06

*duplicate post* please delete if possible!