Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   New XC60... essential journeys only (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=304796)

DocAce Mar 25th, 2020 08:25

New XC60... essential journeys only

As we head into lock down in the UK this will sit on the drive and make essential trips only for the next few weeks/months. I have promised to return to the dealers as soon as the crisis lifts as the salesman was very disappointed not to be able to carry out the full two hour handover he had planned due to social distancing.

Stay safe everyone and hope you all manage to get out and enjoy your cars when we get to the other side of this thing.

http://1drv.ms/u/s!ApuRjwmjF_RexpVHapZ3JII18xKghw

Woody3537 Mar 25th, 2020 10:12

The Pain

I know your pain, As I am sitting here working from home looking out the front window at my big beautiful XC60 just wanting to go for a drive. Only had her just over a month and only managed to do 500 miles. But once this is all over with let the fun begin.

Hang in there stay safe and say at home. The sooner we all do this the sooner will be set free.

Moonlanders Mar 25th, 2020 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody3537 (Post 2612854)
I know your pain, As I am sitting here working from home looking out the front window at my big beautiful XC60 just wanting to go for a drive. Only had her just over a month and only managed to do 500 miles. But once this is all over with let the fun begin.

Hang in there stay safe and say at home. The sooner we all do this the sooner will be set free.

I echo the thought. I am looking out of my window as I'm working at my XC90. Collected on Friday and only has 15 miles on the clock. I do wish I was adding more!

Davebbass Mar 25th, 2020 10:49

Had my V90 since May, and I'm still looking longingly out of the window at it on the drive not really able to go anywhere.

On the plus side, the tank of diesel will last me longer than two weeks for once, and I can get my mileage back in line with my PCP!

xsaab Mar 25th, 2020 11:24

This issue of very low to zero mileage on the car is concerning me, I feel an urge to go for a 60 mile drive from home to home, not talking to any one or stopping anywhere -
would this be anti social - oh and I am the full 12 week minimum lock down.

Davebbass Mar 25th, 2020 13:01

There's no issue with leaving a car standing, as long as you take correct precautions. A good friend of mine (and car fanatic) has a stunning Aston Martin DB7 GT, he keeps it in his barn over winter. He said the best thing to do is make sure the fuel tank is full (less room for air / condensation to contaminate the fuel), he puts it on a trickle charger and puts more air in the tyres so they don't lose their shape.

I do the same with my 39 year old VW camper van, I started it for the first time in a good few months the other day. The thing about the Aston cool is that it blips the throttle when you start it, which isn't great for anything on a cold start. It won't actually catch though if you've not got your foot on the brake or something like that (I remember him telling me and can't remember), so he'll let it turn a few times, and then try again so some oil has already moved around the engine a bit. I adopt the same with the van, a couple of turns, turn it off, and then let it fire. So far so good, absolutely no issues at all with them.

KNVXC90 Mar 25th, 2020 15:53

At least you all have some beautiful cars on your driveway to look at. One of my friends was due to take delivery of his brand new XC40 Inscription Pro in Black yesterday. Unfortunately for him, the dealership is closed following the PMs announcement. Now he's not sure when he'll get his car.

Moonlanders Mar 25th, 2020 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNVXC90 (Post 2613003)
At least you all have some beautiful cars on your driveway to look at. One of my friends was due to take delivery of his brand new XC40 Inscription Pro in Black yesterday. Unfortunately for him, the dealership is closed following the PMs announcement. Now he's not sure when he'll get his car.

My dealership anticipated this. I collected on Friday, but the original collection date was due to be tomorrow. Very grateful for their forward planning and that they could get the car available in time.

DocAce Mar 26th, 2020 07:54

For some reason the link to the image on OneDrive didn't work so let's try this instead. As an aside, how does one edit posts on this forum?

https://ibb.co/pwz9fky

shoppy Mar 26th, 2020 08:14

That is a lovely colour very nice I liked the car when I had one as loan car, the thing I hated was the R design seats, they were so uncomfortable. I will look at replacing my wife’s Range Rover for one after all this.

I have been looking at my v90 and admiring the girl and giving her a gentle clean and will try and polish and wax her over the next few weeks.

Is it sad that I have got my convertible out. I have had the roof down and been sat in it enjoying a coffee and listening to the birds and suddenly in the sun it does not all seem so bad.

A bit of relaxation for me.