Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   1800: Value of p1800es needing full restoration (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285274)

Trip2bear Aug 14th, 2018 18:15

Value of p1800es needing full restoration

Dear VOC members,

RE: What is the value of Volvo P1800ES needing total Restoration

I need some advice please trying to work out the value of a complete P1800es i am looking to sell for the right price or keep. It is a 1974 Blue car with all the bits but not running and needing major mechanical and body restoration - wings and front cone, sillls and floor pans gone. I bought for parts but think it would be shame to break.

I would welcome any thoughts on a fair value.

Many thanks,

Bruno

Ron Kwas Aug 14th, 2018 21:45

Bruno;

I'd be surprised if anyone here would propose to make a value estimate with only that info...how about mechanical condition?...mileage?...does it run?...is it a "basket case"?...how about some pictures?
If you want a valid estimate, or even an outsider to give you an objective impression of if it should be saved or parted out, I'd invite an experienced Volvo owner, or better yet a hands-on ES owner to give it a critical looking over, and make a list of what it needs...we know they are not being made any more and so should be saved if at all possible, but if you cannot do this work yourself, and must pay other parties for it, it might not be worth it for you to get into the project...

...and you should try to get your details right...if it's an ES Sport Wagon, the correct designation would be 1800ES, and they were only produced in "72 and '73 (there are chassis No lists on the net from which you can get precise month of manufacture).

Good hunting!

123GT-AMAZON Aug 14th, 2018 22:26

Hi Bruno ,

If I can help in anyway I will try feel free to email me any pictures and info
To robertwhitton@btinternet.com

My website is www.phoenix-classic-Restorations.co.uk

I can came out to view the car also to see it in the flesh to give my opinions etc with regards to work and what that would cost .

As it’s a complete car it helps , the extensive work on the front end ie front wings , nose cone and sills will be very expensive to repair as I’m sure a quick look on Brookhouse website to see prices of those parts will show .

From the sounds of it expect £3000 for pair of wings and nose cone plus the money for sills most defiantly rear boot area and bottom tailgate lip from the sounds of it plus £7000 in the Bodyshop to Respray the car ( if not more as metalic paint ) then all the other areas like grill surround wheels so it will be a very expensive restoration which if someone was wanting the car to use would be fine as they would know they had a solid freshly painted car then .

Plus the engine overhaul or at very least full service

If it’s complete due to the rust and cost I would guesstimate between £1k -£2k as it sits IF the interior is in very good condition same as the carpets and dash ..

Best I can do with out seeing the car but do please email me any more info and pictures but if I can help I will try in any shape or form my contact details are on my website .

Kind regards
Robert.w