Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S40 / V40 '96-'04 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Selling everything (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=309097)

canis Aug 19th, 2020 17:57

Selling everything

I've come to the conclusion that I will never find the time to undertake my "project", and the family have persuaded me that I have too many cars.

I guess, simply put, I've got everything anyone would need to build a lovely T4. But with limited space, my mental health, lack of time and other issues it's just not going to happen.

So the family want to scrap my collection of dead cars, we're keeping the diesel for now. So if there's anything anyone needs for their beloved V40, I'm almost certain to have one.

Mike Stephenson Sep 4th, 2020 16:46

Egg crate grill? ASi type this the pigs are still flying past thge window (wearing face masks)

canis Sep 5th, 2020 09:17

I regret all mine have been the "waterfall" type up to the present car. :cool:

CharlesStevenson Sep 5th, 2020 09:19

Sorry to hear about your health issues, it can happen to anyone.

As long as you keep well, that's the main thing.

Looking at your location it seems a tad too far to travel for collection (about 300 miles round trip) , but I'll ask anyhow - is it a 'standard' 2.5" or was it a bigger bore version?

If so, and if it's servicable, did you have a price in mind?

spursfatboy Sep 13th, 2020 16:20

Sorry to hear about your health. Hope there is improvement round the corner for you.

Do you happen to have any HID ballasts for sale?

Cheers

Sfb

AndersonV40 Sep 15th, 2020 09:55

Good morning Caris, I am trying to renovate a few things on my 2004 V40. I'm trying to get hold of plastic trim parts, specifically those where the interior carpets end at the car doors where, in my case, the fitting tabs have broken off and the trim is loose. Also on the lookout for spare external door handles (silver) and the SRS control unit from under the centre console if you have these to sell. Thanks and stay safe.

Mike Stephenson Sep 15th, 2020 14:35

Eggcrate grill

Quote:

Originally Posted by canis (Post 2662384)
I regret all mine have been the "waterfall" type up to the present car. :cool:

Thanks very much for the quick reply. Sorry to hear about whats going on. Hope all gets better.

canis Sep 22nd, 2020 17:01

HID technology is since my time, about which I know nothing. What am I looking for?

The exhaust; I can't remember which bore it was, and at the time I didn't care I just wanted it quiet because loud exhausts really aren't my style. Measuring it requires lifting the car, which I'm trying to do but this mental exhaustion is gripping me. I'll try again tomorrow.

Plastic trim; I've got all manner of. The remaining cars have most of their interior parts in tact. One of the cars has a black dashboard, the other grey, but some interior parts appear the same across both. Which is odd, but there it is.

On the subject of plastic trim, the T4 has wheelarch plastic fender extender type thingies. It's complete all around.

I realise this all makes me sound really disorganised, and I apologise for that, but I'm really struggling under the weight of everything and I wanted you all to know i'm still monitoring this thread. Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

hagehage Oct 9th, 2020 09:52

Hello from Downunder... parts are really hard to find over here, I'm wondering if you would consider selling and sending the interior trim parts to Brisbane. I've got a 99 S40 T4 Phase 1 with wooden trim parts and chasing the piano black or carbon style pieces. Currently I'm trying to sand and repaint what I have but obviously the genuine elements would be much better.

kaupang Oct 10th, 2020 17:13

V40 ac

Hi,
I have a 2000 mod T4.
Do you have a complete, or parts of AC ?
I think my temp detectors malfunctioning, work 8 - 10 min, the stop. This
happens both in winter an summer - means it detect warm / cold temp.
rgds. Bjorn Kaupang