Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   T5/R Registers (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   V70R/S70R/S60R Register (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=14963)

STE-MAL Feb 4th, 2006 01:35

This is so great, we have people from all around the globe. The good old U.S.A, Russia even Suffolk, where ever that is?
:Banane44: :Banane44: :Banane44:

garnet red Feb 7th, 2006 20:01

S70R
Year 1998
4 door Saloon
Automatic
Red
140k (almost)
North Wales

Boost pressure up'd to almost 270hp (any more and a brake upgrade would be necessary and is it worth it?).

Oli Feb 10th, 2006 14:52

V70R AWD
1999 (Phase III)
Silver
75k miles
Sevenoaks, Kent

KVB Feb 11th, 2006 19:14

Hi everyone!

Hello,

This is my first visit here and am very happy that somebody had recommended this site. I just want to introduce myself. I'm 29 and am a US citizen serving in the US military and stationed in the wonderful country of England. I'm a aircraft mechanic and love working on my car as much as aircraft. I'm a newly converted Volvo fanatic with the purchase of my car about about 2.5 years ago. Here are the details:

Model- S60R, 6MT
MY- 2004
Color- Passion Red
Milage- about 15k
Location- Suffolk area
Some mods include: SvR DP, TME cat-back, BMC filter, SS brake lines, Titanium pad shims, IPD track-spec F/R sway bars, TME lowering springs, Evolve engine bushing, VST strut brace. Upgraded radiator hoses. Well, that's all for now.

Regards,
Kevin

STE-MAL Feb 11th, 2006 19:23

Hi Kevin, that's a great car. Welcome to the U.K. And to the forum. SUFFOLK are you at Lakenheath? I live in Ipswich.:Banane44:

STE-MAL Feb 11th, 2006 19:28

Sorry I meant to say Wattisham

KVB Feb 11th, 2006 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by STE-MAL
Hi Kevin, that's a great car. Welcome to the U.K. And to the forum. SUFFOLK are you at Lakenheath? I live in Ipswich.:Banane44:

Thanks. It's a fun car but it does have it's first year entry quirks. I'm at Mildenhall, but you were close. :)

Do you have any clubs or get togethers near you? I know Ipswich isn't to far for me.

Kevin

STE-MAL Feb 11th, 2006 19:45

The performance car section of the Volvo owners club meet every month at a pub in north west London called the Crooked Billet. Have a good look around the forum you will see. It's about 120 miles from Ipswich but well worth the trip. Still coming from the U.S.A that would be like a trip to the shops. It's great fun and you will meet a lot of great people (and eat some great cakes. yes you know who you are LOL!!).
If you search around the forum and gallery you will see some pictures. If you send me a blank email to ste.mal@virgin.net I'll email you some pictures.
The next meet date should be posted in the performance section over the next week or so. If you can make it we could meet up and you could follow me down their.:animal-smiley-037: Will be fun!:Banane32:

STE-MAL Feb 11th, 2006 19:51

Ah Yes and I forgot about Mildenhall. Their has been so many US base's around in Suffolk. Some of which have gone (Ben****ers and Martlesham heath) Anyway I had better not Hijack this thread any longer. Sorry IC!!!:cyclops:

Muscas Feb 11th, 2006 20:32

V70 R AWD
Automatic
Laser Blue
86,000 miles
Essex

Patrick