Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Which colour for a new XC60 Inscription Pro (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=282716)

Crockers Jun 7th, 2018 15:43

Which colour for a new XC60 Inscription Pro

Have narrowed it down to 4 colours. What are your views? Are the premium colours worth the extra. My current car is Ice White. Also what interior goes best with your choice.

SuffolkBoy Jun 7th, 2018 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crockers (Post 2411851)
Have narrowed it down to 4 colours. What are your views? Are the premium colours worth the extra. My current car is Ice White.

Colour choice is always difficult, and often is in the eye of the beholder!!

I always baulk at choosing dark colours as they always seem to show the dirt quicker than a lighter colour, but Mrs Boy definitley likes a “colour”.

My choice this time was Onyx Black - it came with black leather interior - after the lovely Electric Silver on my last XC60.

I must say that I am extremely pleased with the black, it seems to give the XC60 real road prescence, and I really don’t know what colour I would opt for next time, but I am thinking of going for the blond interior next time.

The 20” diamond cut alloys also set the colour off a treat IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Deman77 Jun 7th, 2018 15:59

Agree with your shortlist. Inscription definitely wants light colours. I suggest you go and see electric silver in person with a nice torch or on a sunny day. The cool things about that and ember black is they change the colour depending on ambient lighting and angle. Mine goes from bronze to deep black depending on light intensity. I think electric silver is special.

Deman77 Jun 7th, 2018 16:00

Definitely not solid white. That is a very sporty colour - not for Volvo. It will also look a lot dirtier than metallics.

Tresco85 Jun 7th, 2018 18:10

The electric silver looks great when the sun is shining on it, much better then the white of the last one which I could never get to look great.

Goodshot Jun 7th, 2018 18:15

My order is Ice White and Blonde. However, the wife drove behind the red version for 10 minutes and wants to go and have a check while we can still change the order.

The Crystal White is very nice but £900 extra.

Whiterdesign Jun 7th, 2018 18:22

I originally was going for Ice White for 2 reasons. My last XC60 was this colour and i liked it ,also and i guess this was the main reason really, it was cheaper. Snag was when i took SWMBO to see one, the one in the showroom was Pine Grey and she loved it. So to keep her happy I ended up with that colour. Do like it though its the colour they use in the brochure.

simonjedrake Jun 8th, 2018 04:42

Electric Silver it has to be....

Crockers. I have just placed my 3rd XC60 order and boringly have gone for the same colour as the last 2 - Electric Silver.
This obviously means that I like the colour.......but why?
1. It does not show the dirt at all. I always get a new car fully detailed so that I have at least 3 years of enjoyable washing as and when required.
2. The car just sparkles in bright conditions from the “larger” size metallic particles in the paint.
3. Every time I have to make a new colour choice it’s alway between a Metallic Black & Electric Silver........with the deciding factor being that keeping my wife’s Black Mini in a nice shiny condition is a never ending task......enough said?
4. But the ultimate factor is that my using my VOC membership I get Metallic Paints FOC with that cost saving reinvested into a full detailing. Sounds like a Win:Win to me.

Now if only I could get Trek to paint my Mountain Bike in that same colour....

isleaiw Jun 8th, 2018 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crockers (Post 2411851)
Have narrowed it down to 4 colours. What are your views? Are the premium colours worth the extra. My current car is Ice White. Also what interior goes best with your choice.

None of them. The world is full of white, grey and black cars. Get a colour...

Inside depends on a couple of things - do you have pan roof and how is it used?
I have a pan roof and a dog and grandson - so black it is. If I didnt have the pan roof and didnt have other users of the car, I would go lighter - but probably amber rather than blonde.

Although I didnt end up with a Volvo so inside options were black grey or red - and with a matador red exterior the black looks best, in my opinion.

PS you havent mentioned which model - or have I missed something??

Tresco85 Jun 8th, 2018 16:12

I would also have a good test drive in a Inscription as we are really struggling with the seat comfort at the moment. They feel a bit strange with the seat extenders out but after driving over 2000 miles in the last month touring Scotland we are both getting pains in our legs due to the metal bar across the seat where the seat extends. Going in to see the dealer on Monday when we are back to discuss it with them as we can not put up with it.