Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Diesel Engines (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   D5252t (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=274907)

dingov70 Nov 12th, 2017 16:56

D5252t

Afternoon , just wondering does anyone have the glow plug wiring harness available for my motor ?.

V70 2.5 TDI 5 cylinder

Having a sad week or two :( Cam belt skipped a tooth or two !!!!!!!! ):stormy:

Could be worse , only have one valve with the slightest bend in it . Had to get the big boy breaker bar into action to remove crank bolt . Previous installer had applied Loctite . So out came 1000mm 3/4" breaker bar & big muscles after windy gun failed to man up to the task .

Here's hoping , thank you in advance

Tomoose Nov 12th, 2017 17:42

I can't help, but best of luck with the repair! :thumbs_up:

huron Nov 12th, 2017 18:34

1 Attachment(s)
Have you got the old harness? I had to repair one of mine as the insulation had cracked etc. Cut it at this point so you can remove it and rejoin it with a "choc block". I used self amalgamising rubber tape to rebuild the insulation and hold the cracked and broken parts together. Has held together well.

dingov70 Nov 13th, 2017 07:19

Cheers peeps , mine is complete , but the rubber boots are ragged & useless . May as well get out my cuttign & sticking kit and make more oversized covers from fuel hose .

Martin Cox Nov 13th, 2017 19:14

The rubber boots fell to pieces on my harness too but the actual metal connectors to the glow plugs were sound. I sleeved the metal bits with silicone rubber sleeves, supposedly good to 250 degrees C, and then covered them with with braided fibreglass heat resistant insulating sleeving.

It seems to have worked so far.

If you haven't already checked, it's worth testing that the glow plugs are OK. When repairing my Tdi after a cambelt disaster, I found all five glow plugs were open circuit and probably had been for some time!

Good luck with your repairs

Martin

dingov70 Nov 13th, 2017 22:55

Thank you Martin , other than one valve with a minute kink in the stem everything is sound .

So out comes the tubing collection & it's Blue Peter time

Martin Cox Nov 14th, 2017 10:18

I wasn't quite so lucky. One bent valve, a jammed cam follower/hydraulic tappet and four other ruined cam followers. I took the head to a local engine refurbisher who sorted it all out and they seem to have made a good job of it. I reckoned anything I did to free the cam follower would only make matters worse.

Martin

Mirko91 Jan 25th, 2018 20:30

Location of glow plug reley

Hi,

The glow plug relay of the engine heaters of my S80, 2.5 tdi, is not functioning, but I cannot find where it is located.
If you have any experience finding it, any picture, or engine scheme would be very helpful for me!

Thank you in advance!